2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Done Wit Dat
7,538 Posts
CONGRATS!!! I think that's a job you'll really enjoy. I wonder if any of my reminiscences would make good articles. I see several articles like that in there and I always enjoy them immensely. I think it's Mr. Zaidle that often draws on memories for his stories. It's the only magazine I get where I read every article cover to cover. :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
congrats on new position

cg, looks like you landed a good one. hope you and your magazine will put a blitz on getting cedar bayou-vinson slough dredged asap. looking forward to your eds. tfw

·
Registered
339 Posts
Congrats, that sounds awesome. I've always thought being a freelance outdoors writer would be fun. Maybe that's something to do on the side while teaching/coaching in a couple years?

calixtog said:
Chester Moore was moved up to Executive Editor
Does that mean he only has to write 1/2 the articles now instead of 3/4 of them? LOL

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
4x4Tahoe said:
Congrats, that sounds awesome. I've always thought being a freelance outdoors writer would be fun. Maybe that's something to do on the side while teaching/coaching in a couple years?

Give it a go. Be sure you have some interesting and novel story ideas to run by an editor. If you have an idea like "nightcrawlers for nighttime flounder," or the like, they'll perk up.

Does that mean he only has to write 1/2 the articles now instead of 3/4 of them? LOL
Actually, he's only allowed to right 5/8's of the stories. One time he got all the way up to 11/16's, and it threw the whole pay scale out of whack!

Cg

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Congrates to you and Chester!

One of these guys is the new Executive Editor of "Texas Fish and Game" the other is Kid Rock

·
Kayak Fisher
7,566 Posts
Hey, that's great! Congratulations!

I'll look forward to reading your articles. Blessings to you.

·
More There than here..Gone fishin....
3,926 Posts
Thats really Cool..Chesters 1 Buck wild Dude..With you & him heading up the Mag..I look forward to some Interesting storys..Mabey Ya'll can post a story from Captn Black once in a while.
Congrats
Oxx..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts