2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
OllllO
8,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
............ I guess I should just say that I am "between jobs"!

I already had an offer on the table from a new employer that I accepted, I had a weeks vacation time left so I was planning on taking next week off and then coming back on the following Monday and making a final decision.

I got a call today from the VP where I work saying they had heard a rumor and that I had been spotted last week in downtown Chicago hanging out with competitors. I was asked if the rumors were true and I responded yes... I was asked to leave now! I'll start my new job sometime after Thanksgiving.

Please wish me luck and say a prayer or two for me!

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Too bad you can't just blend in like the rest of us Terry. :biggrin: You'll be alright. Take a couple weeks to regenerate and you can start your new job with both guns a blazing! Will say a prayer or 2 for you just in case too.

Donnie

·
OllllO
8,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Donnie!

This world is not as big as we think it is! I once went to visit a friend that lived in Warsaw Poland and was spotted there! LOL, I thought all us bald head fat guys looked alike but I guess not!

Maybe I should stop getting drunk and dancing on the tabletops....... ha ha... just kidding!!!

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
...and we've all seen what you look like spread out on a tabletop. Hey Haute, help a brutha out!

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
T-rod, remember this: you are a blessed man.... and bald like me! B&P

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
It's hard to believe a man with a lime green jeep can't just go unnoticed nowadays. Next time you need to wear a rug when you go two-timin :)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Well I don't know if I should congratulate you or feel bad for you. Sounds like a great oppertunity so I'll just wish you the best of luck!

·
OllllO
8,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LOL...you know me, I don't go much for that "blending in" stuff, I like to be noticed!

I appreciate everyone's well wishes.............THANK YOU!

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
Well, the most inportant thing is... what do the secretaries look like??? :)

We goin to slam some hooley's this weekend?

·
Professional Salesman
9,758 Posts
I hope you didn't resign from your old job. Wait until you sign a contract for the new job. If your old company fires you before then, you may be due some severence and bonus, and unemployment if the new job is delayed. Don't let the old company off too light. It is not illegal to hang out with competitors.

·
5,912 Posts
I got a call today from the VP where I work saying they had heard a rumor and that I had been spotted last week in downtown Chicago hanging out with competitors. I was asked if the rumors were true and I responded yes... I was asked to leave now! I'll start my new job sometime after Thanksgiving. [/FONT]

Please wish me luck and say a prayer or two for me!
I hope you didn't resign from your old job. Wait until you sign a contract for the new job. If your old company fires you before then, you may be due some severence and bonus, and unemployment if the new job is delayed. Don't let the old company off too light. It is not illegal to hang out with competitors.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts