2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Concrete Contractor
12,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched the news and Saturday was forecasted at low 32. I know the pic says 36 but it hasent updated yet. Possible snow Friday. Can you say Brrrrrrrrr. Chad said he's bringing some Whiskey:eek:h:

Attachments

·
Old ******
4,524 Posts
I have it on good authority that we will be cold enough to get in the holiday spirit (and spirits) but no rain will fall on our elves this year. Don't ask me who I talked to or you will be frightened.

·
Team Naughty Cool Fishing
846 Posts
I stuck my finger outside and it says that its already pretty cold for any boat ride. lol. It will be cold for sure, but hopefully no rain for yall.

·
Kamikaze
4,554 Posts
Until you have broken down in the middle of Matty Bay with 40KT gusts, rain, and a temp of 40F, you'll welcome the conditions this weekend. I was soaking wet and chilled to the bone from 10am until 1am the next morning, yet I've made every trip since! Be prepared and let's do this!

·
Old ******
4,524 Posts
I will have thermos bottles with hot buttered rum and coffee Kaluha so if you get chilled just give me a shout. I have a feeling this will be the best run so far. I welcome the cold weather because it really gets you in the mood. It also helps illustrate why we take the toys down there. The Angel-Tree people get to use all their donations for warm winter clothes for the kids because we take care of the toys.

·
Just one More
1,742 Posts
Looks like I will be wade fishing from behind the console again! NOW, if only Matty was all chopped up, then we could really have some fun!

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
What about the people that are supposed to be on jet ski's?
Im sill offshore and hope to get in tomorrow but if not im sure i will be in by saturday to be able to help with whatever yall may need in POC.

·
Old ******
4,524 Posts
Jet Ski Guys

What about the people that are supposed to be on jet ski's?
Im sill offshore and hope to get in tomorrow but if not im sure i will be in by saturday to be able to help with whatever yall may need in POC.
Those guys are as tough as nails. We will have a very special award for them at the party.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Well y'all look out for each other. The water will be in the 60s and the air temperature less than that, with strong breezes predicted until Sat'ry afternoon. Waves outside could be 3-4 feet of slop. Hypothermia ain't fun stuff.

·
Old ******
4,524 Posts
I doubt that we will have 3-4 foot seas in the bay. The entire run is in the ICW and a short crossing of Matagorda Bay. If it is even a tiny bit sloppy we will have the jet ski people get behind or beside us to protect them.

·
Just one More
1,742 Posts
Toy Runners, Please be sure to protect you toys from the elements, trash bag, tarps, cuddys, ect. just incase we do have some chop. This will keep them dry from the spay.

What am I talking about My boat is completly dry and I have never been wet before, just like all of ya'll!

·
Don't Panic!
441 Posts
I might be looking for one of those golf cart plastic windshields for my center console. Me and Sv Duckbuster might like something to duck down behind! I'm glad I outweigh him by 70 pounds. I may need the weight to shove him over!

This seems to be the run for many layers of clothes. I found a Frogg Toggs suit for $19.99 at Academy, it will probably come in pretty handy Saturday.

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
I doubt that we will have 3-4 foot seas in the bay. The entire run is in the ICW and a short crossing of Matagorda Bay. If it is even a tiny bit sloppy we will have the jet ski people get behind or beside us to protect them.
well - the PWC flotilla dwindled to 2 boats, and one of those cancelled this evening...that leaves me going solo, and I won't be doing that.

Jerry I'll drop my toys off to you on Thursday evening.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts