2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out solo today, around 4 pm. Was hopeing to make it out 20 or so miles, & hit some shrimpers, but it was nasty washing machine chop, 15 knot winds, & only got out 10 miles. Tried trolling for some kings, & hit a few weedlines for a ling try. Nothing biting, didn't see any bait crashing the surface either. I'm thinking it's a full moon, & somethings amiss. Anyway, green water to 10 miles, & logs, including 40' trees are everywhere out to 10 miles. Took it slow on the way in, & got skunked. (Better than doing the live alone do's). If we get some decent laydown weather, I'm going this week. Aloha & tight lines!

·
Registered
696 Posts
We were coming in about 4pm yesturday. I've never seen so much junk in the water. Didn't see any 40' trees but did see some stumps over 12" across, a couple palm tree trunks, and countless branches up to 4" across. We didn't fish within 30 miles, mostly 50+ out, got a few kings, limit of snaps, one ling, bunch of trigger (hate cleaning them, love eating them), a bonito and jack. Dang jacks, thought I had something decent on that time. Did catch a king head, probably 15-20#, a solid 5' cuda and two smaller ling followed it up, tossed them a live hardtail, couldn't get them to bite.

Watch out for the junk,
later, biggreen

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
we may have met you on your way out ,, in front of the cg station, we followed the cg cutter "mantara" in and saw a solo fishermen going out about at the jack up rig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts