Who will win the World Cup Final?

• France - The pepi Le Peu factor rules

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know who Chuck is rooting for in Sunday's FIFA World cup Final. Who do you think will take the match?

·
You got girlfriend Vietnam?
1,890 Posts
I hope they both can lose. Whoever fakes the best injury, gets taken off on the stretcher only to return 5 seconds later like nothing happend gets my vote.

·
"Wizards begin as blacksmiths"
6,256 Posts
U.S., England, Germany, Brazil are all out - so who cares? I think I'll pull for Italy just to get under my son's skin;-) His grandmother is 1/2 french so that's as good a reason as any to root for the frogs to him.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I think Italy will win but I'll have to hear about it on the radio because I just can't get into soccer. Don't dis-like it just don't care for it. Yawn.

All the best .

Dr. Krol

·
Registered
101 Posts
France has the oldest (mean age) squad on the team. After winning in 98, they didnt score a goal in Korea 2002 and are now in the finals, thats remarkable considering, Barthez, Thuram, Gallas, Makelele, Viera, Zidane and Henry all played in 98.

Italy on the other hand, almost wasnt permitted to send a team because of the corruption allegations in Serie A. Imagine if say, the Yankees, the Dodgers and the Giants were all going to be relegated to triple and double A because of game fixing. That is basically what is going on there now, obviously the Italian players are playing with pride and want to make an excellent showing since many will be "free agents" because of this corruption scandal in the upcoming season.

Personally, I have soft spot for Zizou, the man plays with impecable elegance. Not the happiest guy on the field, but he is a pleasure to watch. With Viera and Makelele guarding his back and taking over defensive midfield duties, it frees him up and lets him recuparate. Ribery has great pace, Henry is a goalscorer...
but then the Italians all know Zizou from his days at Juve and probably can mark him well. Cannavaro is playing insane defense, I think the Italian forwards like Toni and Iaquinta are big and strong enough to get through to score, Barthez in the french goal is nowhere near the goalie Buffon is.

The more I think about it, the harder it is for me to make an educated guess. Either way, I dont really care which team wins as long as it is an open, attacking game and not a game decided by PK's or questionable referee calls.

Who is refereeing this game, anybody know?

·
www.centexpressurewashing .com
1,447 Posts
Im with Hardhead.

Italy over France 1 / 0

Portugal over Germany 2 / 0

Mike T

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,502 Posts
Italy 3 - France 2

Germany 4 - Portugal 3 (Miroslav Klose wins the Golden Shoe Award with 2 more goals in this match to solidify his winning this award over Thierry Henry who scores twice in the final)

·
Super Moderator
865 Posts
France looked good

France 1-1 . Winning with PK's.

Germany over Portugal 3-1

It's amazing to watch the Cup for a month , then switch over to a MLS game.

The World Cup guys are definitely the best of the best.

·
3,502 Posts
LOL, that would be the FRENCH!
neckdeep said:
I wonder which team will smell the worst when it's over

·
Registered
101 Posts
OK fine, my two game parlay is Germany and Italy.

I heard Jens Lehmann is going step aside to let Ollie Kahn play in the goal saturday, if kahn wants.

·
3,502 Posts
What do you want to bet he says...........NEIN!?
Dinho said:
OK fine, my two game parlay is Germany and Italy.

I heard Jens Lehmann is going step aside to let Ollie Kahn play in the goal saturday, if kahn wants.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts