2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Try Judges, 'round the corner. Good docks, good grub...

·
Erik
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From the Galveston Daily news.

JANUARY
06:07 PM in Buzz
TopWater Grill update
By Laura Elder | Permalink | Comments (1)
Readers continue to e-mail and call about TopWater Grill, the San Leon eatery closed since getting slammed by Hurricane Ike more than a year ago.

Contrary to some rumors, TopWater has every intention of returning, owner Robert Jakubas said. Jakubas had hoped to be open by now. But as owners of most businesses hit by Ike can attest, construction schedules and insurance issues don't always cooperate. Jakubas hasn't received insurance payments and he and partners are doing much of the work on their own, he said.

Jakubas doesn't want to try to give exact opening dates and I can't blame him. But he is hoping to return some time in February.

And there are signs of progress. I'm reporting in my Biz Buzz column tomorrow that the gas was turned on at TopWater this week.

What's the first thing you plan to order when TopWater returns?

·
Banned
26,320 Posts
April Fool Launch

That old man wants his $5 dollars to launch by golly! He came out the other day when we were backing down the ramp & asked my buddy If we had put our launch fee in the box, which of course we had. We hadn't even made it past the bulkhead & he had his key out checking to make sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts