2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just perusing Boat Trader online and found a used 2003 Shallow Sport.

What's so strange about that you ask?

It's located in Yukon, OK. How did that happen? Did this guy get lost?

If he can one run in Yukon, OK surely I can run one in Galveston!

Anyway, I thought it was a little funny/strange (I'm easily ammused.)

·
Banned
607 Posts
Hey Mont-Did you know a guy that ran drag boats named Howard Johnson??(Yes, just like the hotel!) His son Howard Jr. ran them too for about 2 years and was a National Champ in his class...Howie Jr. was best man in my wedding and lives here in Houston...just wondering if you knew them...

·
Senior Member, do I get a discount?
1,918 Posts
Speaking of drag boats i have some pictures i'll try to post tommorow of a friend of mine's 75 Sanger Flatbottom that hit a pier in the San Bernard river a couple of years back at 75mph. can you say ouch!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not doubt there are some experienced salt fishermen migrated up that way, I'm just thinking folks up there don't see a lot of those boats, especially with polling platforms and elevated casting decks. I'm guessing the owner of that boat probably got some strange looks from a few people.

·
1,918 Posts
Lost the pictures, they werte on my old machine. I am trying to get a hold of my buddy amnd see if he still has them. the boat was cratered, there 3 of us on board when it hit. It hurts to bail out of a boat at 70mph.

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts
I remember a boat taking off the engines of a big Baja up river. Hadn't heard about your story.

·
1,918 Posts
Yeah that was last year this was about 4 years ago, IF you are familair witht the San Bernard at all we hit a pier down by what everyone calls the washing machine (Bulkheads on both sides) Steering cable broke as we were planing off we had just been running the boat 95-100mph and shut down to turnaround. No fun. Yeah the Baja was a shame that's a beautiful boat. I think I know who did that but i don't think he ever got caught either.

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts
Man, thats pretty dangerous. Should go to ICW and do it. Petes baja is really nice and supposedly everyone knew who did it. I dont know if anything ever happened.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts