2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think?

Now hunters can take actual rifle scope sight photos as they hunt. SmartScope captures a digital image of the target at the moment the rifle trigger is pulled, automatically. A digital image that can be downloaded onto a computer, shared with friends and made into a high quality print, so the hunter can enjoy the prize and the memory forever.

·
CantRe Member
782 Posts
I can see some positives and some really big negatives with that. Yes I agree you could take a picture to go along with your memories but I can see where alot more pictures of hunters killing game being circulated everywhere, this gives alot of firepower for the anti-hunting, animal loving and evironmental groups to use against the common hunter. I guess the next negative as, in at what point will your scope be considered evidence? What will keep it from being confiscated? Third negative will be, how many folks will use this thing mounted on a rifle to take pictures---I can only see a rifle being pointed at me as need for immediate action, either defensive or offensive!

·
100% BS
7,120 Posts
I think it is cool,,,I would think the only concern would be the price...It ain't cheap. It doesn't look like it has very good resolution...for the price you could buy a really nice digital camera and take a pic of the game with that before you shot it. Hell with the antis...I don't think this would help their cause any.

·
We all have it coming......
8,788 Posts
Novel. But, don't see much use for it. In my opinion it's a gimmick. I would not sacrifice the quality of my optics for a novelty. I have a digital camera.

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
I know of a taxidermist in Haughton LA that can beat that. All of his work looks like he captured the full expression on the face of the animal 1/2 second after the bullet punched through. If you could set the camera to go off just after the bullet hits the deer, you could have a freak-show of your own.

If you guys gut-shoot like my buddies and I do, then you could sit around the table, looking at the photos trying to identify the internal organs as they fly through the air.

I'll pass on dat scope, me.

·
15,098 Posts
I think its disgusting that someone would take a Whitetail and do that to it.
Joke or no joke.
I take my whitetail alot more serious than that.
Some dont I guess, and dont deserve to harvest such a magnificent animal.

·
We all have it coming......
8,788 Posts
Redfishr said:
I think its disgusting that someone would take a Whitetail and do that to it.
Joke or no joke.
I take my whitetail alot more serious than that.
Some dont I guess, and dont deserve to harvest such a magnificent animal.
Refishr:

In general, I agree with your sentiments. I generally would not do anything to belittle such a magnificent animal. And I doubt there are many on here that have any more respect for whitetails that I do. However, those horns would have probably been cut off and thrown in the back of a garage somewhere otherwise. I don't see much difference in that and putting the horns on a jackrabbit head. I would say I wouldn't approve of that being hung in a public place. But, as a joke in a deer camp, I don't have a problem with it.

·
Certified Bile Spewer
1,398 Posts
Jackrabbit with deer antlers?

TXPalerider said:
Refishr:

I don't see much difference in that and putting the horns on a jackrabbit head.
TXPale,

Shame on you. For your information, all Texans know and can attest that jackalopes are their own unique species. Sure, they look like jackrabbits with deer antlers, but the real thing should never be confused with something made in a taxidermist's studio.

Here's proof. I took this photo of one down at the lease last weekend.

Attachments

·
100% BS
7,120 Posts
Well let me clear this up a little(for Redfish):rotfl: .....The deer was on the wall when we leased the ranch, which was in Webb County. The deer was killed in 1970 in Lampassas County, according to the plaque. Management has come along way since then...and besides it looks like a cull to me..I have no idea where the rancher got it, probably at a pawn shop. Have you ever seen a mount of a deers rear end???? I think those are pretty darn funny. Believe me I take deer hunting very seriously but man,,,,I can also have a little fun...and besides by the look of that deers face.....he was a fun loving animal....we laughed at that mount everytime we went down there. I can say this for the rancher that owned the property, he took manament very seriously and was a stand up guy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts