2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Heritage, not Hate
3,212 Posts
I have two that I use for crappie fishing...the first is a Shakespeare Ugly Stik SPL 1100 4'8" UltraLight Action with a Shakespeare Lite UltraLite 2500 ALX spinning reel.... it's extremely light-weight and good for feeling the crappie bite. The second is a bit heavier....it's a Falcon Graphite FES-UL-156 Ultra-Lite Action with a Shimano Spirex 1000RD spinning reel....I like it because it has the QuickFire II Trigger. Both are excellent combos for crappie fishing....I wouldn't fish for bass with them though.

· Heritage, not Hate
3,212 Posts
I actually landed about a 4' alligator gar on my ultra-lite rig this past spring (wasn't on purpose though)...saw the snout top the surface...reached down for my clippers....then heard a voice shout from a near-by boat..."We'll take it!!" Netted him up and then cut the line....the guys trolled over and got it....whacked it with a hammer and handed me my net back.
IMHO, I prefer a baitcast reel for bass, like the ABU Garcia 5000C, on a medium light action casting rod...of course I've been known to chunk my Zebco 404's too...
Good luck to ya!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.