2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lookin and tryin out so many UL's it aint funny. so far I have found one that I liked the best. the Cascade 5'6" UL. I built it for my trip to Hunt, Tx this week and last Friday I broke it on the 6th ot 7th bass i cought. It almost made me cry. I had it with a split grip slip ring handle and Fugi guides with a maroon and silver wrapps and a Aggie butt wrap. That was the lightest rod I ever held in my hands and o' did it cast like a beuety. aw man it was my dream rod. and I had to go and break it. my first rod I built broke. ugh! ........I'm gonna go to Acadamy or Sportsman's Finest today and see what they got in the way of a slip ring grip UL. i was thinkin of gettin a Falcon (if they got one liek that) or an All-star. can you recomend an UL for a spur of the moment buy?...............JJ

· Banned
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like the Ugly Stick is the way to go. I have used one but didnt liek the reel seats too good. maybe I can overcome that for 3 days. LOL. I have considered many brands and I am on a limeted budget. I looked at a nieghbors g-loomis and oo was it a POS. boy it was heavy and just built wrong. ha!

Miss Dixie, I have cought many bass on an UL and never had one fail on me til now. I even cought a 25 pound blue cat on an UL and 4#line. that 60min battle put a whuppin on my drag. wheeeeew! its real rounchy now. but It was worth it... havent cought too many crappie but the bream and bass are gonna be my quarry this week. I got a some hefty bronze back last time I was at Hunt. my first ever smallie. I need to get out more. LMAO!...thanx y'all..................JJ

· Banned
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I like a 6' rod. not too short or too long. and a faster action like med/fast or fast, instead of slow or med as msot are. I chose the 5'6" lenght for a cetain presentaion I was wantin to achieve with this od. I have used UL's as short as 4'6" and its a TOTALY differnt fight with that vs. a 5'6" or 6' rod.

Jaw, I agree on the keep the fight as short as possible. I cought that monster blue whilst bream fishin on a white deer hair jig. I haven't had but one bass die on me due to the fight on UL gear. had a few die on me when usin castin gear. and I do mostly C&R. I havent taken too many fish this year for the table. but one every now and then wont hurt too much............JJ

· Banned
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ComeFrom? said:
Is it possible to expand your avatar picture to large so I can see what you look like? From here, with that fish in your hand, you look like my son, Trey at 14 years old. If you don't want to that'll be fine. Take Care Buddy, CF?
I can eamil some larger pics to you. (I cant post any cuz it wont let me)........whats your address?..........JJ

· Banned
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanx CF?! I have been told I look older than i am before. I owuldnt mind a StiX but thats up to him.....thanx man!.........JJ

· Banned
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
still couldn't post them...

...and cant even get the mangae attachemnts page to come up. (I dont know whats goin on)... if you want to, you can post them. thanx, JJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.