2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Lifes 2 Short 2 B So Serious All Da Time
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hope Im not asking a question thats asked all the time, I just dont come to this forum and read on any type of regular basis... If I am, just throw stones :tongue:

But, I've never ever built a rod, but have wrapped on some broken eyes that needed replacing back on and reepoxyed. Which means-I dont know cra-p :smile:

I got me a Mud hole book and another brand. Ive been thinking serious about buying me one of those verticle Jiggin rod kits and building one... And if it was worth a hoot, who knows, I might get into it, maybe makin me a bent butt offshore rod someday..

I guess my question is.... Is there a group/club here in Brazoria county that meets every once in a while to talk shop? I'd be interested in attending. I live outside of Freeport a few miles..

My main rod fixin man, Steve, lives in LJ and I know he would gladly help me build a rod if I would just ask. I just havent tho...

Thanks for any replies

Hog

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Hi Hog
There are a bunch of rodbuilders in Brazoria Cty but no club here. I am a founding member of Texas Rod Builders. We have a club meeting the last Saturday of each month (except this month) at Fishing Tackle Unlimited on I-45 at Fuqua. We will be having an all day rodbuilding class on January 23rd. You can also come to my house and I will show you all I know. I live in West Columbia.
Pat

·
Registered
881 Posts
Been trying to get to one of those meetings for a while myself just havent been able to manage it.There are quite a few builders in Brazoria Cty.More than I thought there was until I started building rods.

·
Banned
2,368 Posts
Hope Im not asking a question thats asked all the time, I just dont come to this forum and read on any type of regular basis... If I am, just throw stones :tongue:

But, I've never ever built a rod, but have wrapped on some broken eyes that needed replacing back on and reepoxyed. Which means-I dont know cra-p :smile:

I got me a Mud hole book and another brand. Ive been thinking serious about buying me one of those verticle Jiggin rod kits and building one... And if it was worth a hoot, who knows, I might get into it, maybe makin me a bent butt offshore rod someday..

I guess my question is.... Is there a group/club here in Brazoria county that meets every once in a while to talk shop? I'd be interested in attending. I live outside of Freeport a few miles..

My main rod fixin man, Steve, lives in LJ and I know he would gladly help me build a rod if I would just ask. I just havent tho...

Thanks for any replies

Hog
Jimmy Pat knows what he is talking about. Him and the rest of Texas Rod Builders Take care of us. And Don Savage is the Guy who gives us the Blanks to build.

·
Lifes 2 Short 2 B So Serious All Da Time
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I appreciate the replys. :cheers:

Pat, I'll hit ya up sometime. I'll have to find out whats on my work calendar on the 23 of Jan. Maybe I can go check the gather'n out..

Thanks fellas

Hog

PS: Howdy CB, hope you, the Mrs. and the Litt'l'n are do'n good and are enjoy'n the holiday season.. My vacation starts da 19th..Im ready for a break :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts