2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
39,915 Posts
I use Download Accelerator

it's just a download manager. It helps to resume a download if the link gets broke. It is a very useful tool. There are some ad's in the free version that run on top and if you have a firewall they are no problem If you try and remove them, then the program will not work.

·
Premium Member
39,915 Posts
That download demon

looks questionable. If you have Download Accelarator, I don't think you would need both. (it's just another download manager) That program was bought by Real Networks and was just renamed. That link that Topcat put up has some great programs in there. You might try one of the ActiveX programs. I have forgot what OS you are using, if ME or XP be sure to disable the auto restore before running. You might also want to try running in safe mode once. Reboot and then rescan.

SyvumClick lets Internet Explorer to immediately look it up on an online resource such as a dictionary, thesaurus, search engine or translation service. I think it also does some games.

Altnet software is from Kazza and is also used to download "stuff" (P2P)

I, speaking now only for myself, would pick one to use and get rid of the others. Too many programs accessing the net to download. They also must be a drain on your resources.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.