2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cereal Killer
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove all over Austin on Wed. (I was up there running errands anyhow), and not a single store had single strand wire in stock, Cabelas in Buda only had 240#, was asked there why in the hell I would want to use single strand wire instead of cable. So I sent a friend of mine's mom on a hunt in San Antonio, she went two four places before stumbling on Sportsmans Warerhouse I beleive and finally found some 58 pound wire there, I had her by a bunch for me.
Anyway the guy at Cabelas was extolling the virtues of multi strand and saying that single strand was going the way of the dinosaurs. Yeah right! I hope this is just an isloated incident.

Oh yeah, any one using Titanium wire? Is it worth it?

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Consider where you are shopping. You think they use a lot of wire up there? If you were on the coast the selection would have probably been different. Heck, you can get all you want at Wally World down here much less good tackle stores.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
you can hardly buy an offshore rod at academy in SA. Sportsmans warehouse is the only way to go. I have a little story to tell about their customer service when everything is finalized next week. supurb.

·
Cereal Killer
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it looks like Sportsmans Warehouse may be the the place to be, just very out of the way for me. Will just have to stock up when I am in the area, or make more of a point when I am on the coast (just always in such a hurry down there). And sure they use alot of wire up...lots of gar in local lakes ;). This is the first time I have ever run into any real issues with procuring my normal tackle stuffs, hopefully not a regular deal. I really brought it up because of the Cabela guy telling me that stranded cable is the only way to go, and single strand was old hat.....strange. I do use the knottable stranded stuff on some of my trolling lures, but not on any of my live bait or drift rigs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts