2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it ok to kill pelicans in texas? I guess it is. Thursday i was trying to run the calm water on the inside of the north jettie at port a. i was about 60 yards off and running about 30 mph. I saw a flock of pelicans diving at bait no more than 15 yards away between us and the north jettie. the three of us on the boat were leaning over trying to look for what ever the birds were diving at. The next thing we see is a billbord reading team fountain. He must have been going 60 mph. This jackass came so close that the spray hit us. Its not like they couldnt see us. we werent even in the chanel. we couldnt figure out why these three young guys were trying to hit us. Then I saw something that made me sick. A pelican floating upside down, kicking his legs. He finaly flipped over, but died shortly after due to a broken kneck. Is this legal? The 35ft. or so, Tripple 250 Merc., black fountain, with a bilbord on both sides proudly reading Team Fountain, thinks it is legal. They must have done this before and get much pleasure out of it. They must. To fly by a boat which is moving 30 mph and indanger everyones lives to kill a pelican. That must take nuts.... You sure got alot of nuts wrapped up in that boat. Anyway, If somebody knows this guy, see if you can talk to him about this. I know, when i see him i'm gunna.

Marc
shamrock 246 open
Port A Texas
THE ONLY ONE IN PORT A...come introduce yourself

·
Old ******
4,519 Posts
The actual Team Fountain SKA fishing team has Cabela's all over the side and is not based out of Texas. You likely had the misfortune of encountering one of the locals. A quick way to find out who owns that boat is to go to the following link and talk to the people at the Fountain dealer in Aransas Pass. They would know.
[email protected]

·
Kamikaze
4,627 Posts
Shoulda gotten the TX # and reported that *******!!!! I bet Fountain would like to know about this too if they have any sponsorship money in it!!!! I bet he even had some sorta "Conservation" club sticker somewhere. It amazes me that there are so many people proclaiming to be conservationist but don't give a hoot about it.

·
Registered
956 Posts
There is a large triple outboard boat, looks like a Fountain (but I am not sure), in Aransas Pass. Take the ferry over and you will see it as you enter AP. It is on the left, before the first light and HEB (I think). You can't miss it. Check it out next time you are in the area. It may be the boat. It is huge.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I would check with coastal yachts, I know they took a new one down there this week from Austin. I don't of any locals owning a fountain with triple merc's. the one they took down has a checker board design on the side and say's team fountain. would not suprise me if it was them out test riding/joyriding.

Andy

·
Registered
381 Posts
Sad

That is sad...all money no brains...

·
Vendor
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It could have had only two mercs. It happend so fast. I do know it had in huge writting on the side black and white team fountain. Kinda had a checker board look. Boat sides were black based. oh, and the pelican was brown!

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
mean people suck

·
Dreamchaser
153 Posts
Channel 16 and a report to the Coast Guard right after that happened would have probably helped. With any luck, the jerk in the fountain was scanning 16 and would have heard it. I also don't think that we can assume that most everyone has a conservationist attitude or a safety attitude. I think that anyone being unsafe or doing illegal fishing or keeping of fish ought to be turned in. It sure beats me getting so mad I shoot all my 12 gauge flares at a boat and then end up in a bigger mess.

In my mind, people who do things like this just haven't had to pay for it enough in one way or another to figure out they ought to quit doing it and until it hurts enough, they'll keep doing it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts