Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gosh!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Aunt Joyce said:
Yep! And an Idle person is the symbol of an Idle Mind;)

Don't know whos quoat that is but I use to hear it when ever a certain boss would catch me taking a quick unauthorized break,back in "The Day"

Sure glad I am not working for him any more. :( He was fair though and you respected him for that.:cool:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Drumbo said:
Yep! And an Idle person is the symbol of an Idle Mind
Well, I have heard that a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind. If that is true, then what is an empty desk a sign of?

Hey Drumbo, how about the Eagles play of the game?

Posted on Mon, Oct. 18, 2004

Security chief sacks official for 15-yard Birds penalty

By Bob Brookover Inquirer Staff Writer

Butch Buchanico's job title is director of team security.

One of his tasks every Sunday is to keep the Eagles' players and coaching staff out of harm's way.

What he did yesterday was get in the way, and it cost the Eagles 15 of the 66 yards that J.R. Reed picked up on the game's opening kickoff.

With Reed getting upfield quickly, then working his way down the left sideline, the man everyone calls "Butch" got caught up in the excitement of the play and found himself running along the sideline.

Unfortunately for him and the Eagles, one of the officials collided with Buchanico, and the director of team security was flagged for a 15-yard unsportsmanlike-conduct penalty.

Fortunately for Buchanico, the Eagles pummeled the Carolina Panthers, 30-8, and coach Andy Reid was in a joking mood afterward.

"I was just trying to make a play," Buchanico said before Reid started his postgame news conference.

"That'll be the last play you make, Butch," Reid said while keeping a straight face.

A reporter asked Reid if Buchanico had been benched.

"Yeah," Reid said. "He's going back with the governor."

That was a reference to Buchanico's last job before he joined the Eagles in 1996. Buchanico, 59, had previously served as chief of security for Mayor Edward G. Rendell, who, of course, is now the governor of Pennsylvania. Before that, the South Philadelphia native was a Philadelphia police officer.

Apparently, things weren't so jovial on the sidelines when the play happened.

"Andy turned to me and told me to stay off the field," Buchanico said. "That's what I did. I got as far away from the field as I could."

Dave

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't add much except

All my life I was told "busy hands are happy hands". And by golly it's the truth!
When I wasn't taking care of my children, doing housework, cooking, grocery shopping....all those wonderful things...I would knit, crochet, embroider or weave. Later I worked with pottery.
All of those things were done with pure joy, guys!
So, it's true. Busy hands ARE happy hands.
Beyond that, I REFUSE to talk about the Dolphins!

·
Registered
678 Posts
"Desktop Conditions"

bvdrangs said:
Well, I have heard that a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind. If that is true, then what is an empty desk a sign of?

What I have been told was that neat desk was a sign of A Sick Mind !!! Does that apply??

Hey Drumbo, how about the Eagles play of the game?

Well I hardly think it deserved a penalty.........
Where were they on calling interfearence penalties on pass receivers and defenders........Sure isn't like it was in Pre-Season :confused:

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
i've always said a messy desk shows how hard you are working. and a clean desk means you don't have enough work to keep you busy.

·
Registered
678 Posts
boat_money said:
i've always said a messy desk shows how hard you are working. and a clean desk means you don't have enough work to keep you busy.
:wink: I believe you are right on with that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts