2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bull Frog hunter
9,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a question for yall. Anyone ever hook up to the AUX of the Ford head units? Whats involved? Mine doesn't have the jack in the front but has an AUX button. I would guess you need to pull the head unit out, wire up a jack of sorts and run the wire to desired iPod location. Anybody done this before? God any "lessons learned" advice?:cheers:

2Cool never let anyone down before!

·
I'll keep my gun...You keep the change
10,507 Posts
Lesson learned.............Bowtie......just saying...comes stock.....I really dont like mine cause the only one with an ipod is my 14 year old and you can imagine what he listen to.......

what did you do with your...."eat it"

·
Bull Frog hunter
9,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lesson learned.............Bowtie......just saying...comes stock.....I really dont like mine cause the only one with an ipod is my 14 year old and you can imagine what he listen to.......

what did you do with your...."eat it"
:rotfl:

Ford is better! Either way, my 06 didn't come with the jack. Now I am thinkin I need to hook it up. Maybe next time I will buy a Goverment Motors ride. lol New fords come with an iPod jack but mine is gettin old.:doowapsta

·
Healthy spine= tight lines
239 Posts
If you have a AUX choice on the radio you have a jack. In mine its on top of the dash above the radio, or on the brand new ones like my moms, its below your center cupholders and ciggarette lighters. looks like a headphone jack. You can get the cables that going between the ipod and this jack at radiochack or walmart.

·
Bull Frog hunter
9,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have a AUX choice on the radio you have a jack. In mine its on top of the dash above the radio, or on the brand new ones like my moms, its below your center cupholders and ciggarette lighters. looks like a headphone jack. You can get the cables that going between the ipod and this jack at radiochack or walmart.
I have an AUX choice, but no jack. Not on the top of the dash, I have seen that on the 2008 model but mine is an 05 not an 06 like I stated before.....Im not a smart man.

I will look again, but don't see it. Anyone else got input?:headknock

·
Bull Frog hunter
9,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

TripTunes
Part Number: 6R3Z-19A464-AA
SRP: $50.00

looks like I found my answer. FYI for you others out there that may want to do the same!

24Buds

Take your tunes on the road! Now you can connect portable audio players (MP3, iPod,® iRiver,® SanDisk,® etc.), plus portable CD and cassette players, right to your in-dash radio. Just plug your player into the harness - a 3.5mm stereo connector provides the interface so you can listen to music through the radio's speakers and control the volume. Audio connection is housed securely in your vehicle's glovebox or center console. "Dealer Installation Recommended" Some models require an additional antenna adapter, please check with your local dealer for details.

Fits:
Ford F-150200720062005

·
Freelance Gynocolgist
727 Posts
24 goto f150online and there are many strings about it with pictures. I did mine a few years ago so there may be something better now, however my harness hooks up on the back of the radio inline with the CD player and has box that leads from the harness with red/white audio connections. This now connects to AUX function which direct from Ford is used as the SAT button if equipped.

All you do is buy a audio cable that goes from red/white aux inputs to 3.5mm jack. I ran mine under the dash and shifter console so the wire is not seen. There were some upgrade harnesses which included an ipod connection which would also charge at the same time...but looking in retrospect I am glad I did not do this with the firewire to usb problems they have had with the iphone and itouch.

·
Reel Easy
2,676 Posts
Just cause you have an AUX button does not mean you have AUX RCA jacks on the back of the radio...My wife had an AUX button an her Mariner with no RCA's on the back of the stereo...It might be cheaper and easier to replace the head unit. With the wiring harnesses they have now it's pretty much plug n play.

·
Bull Frog hunter
9,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just cause you have an AUX button does not mean you have AUX RCA jacks on the back of the radio...My wife had an AUX button an her Mariner with no RCA's on the back of the stereo...It might be cheaper and easier to replace the head unit. With the wiring harnesses they have now it's pretty much plug n play.
Thanks yall for lookin out. I found that the ford head unit has a plug in the back that you need an adapter. If in fact you don't have the rca or head phone jack from the factory. I don't. Need to buy an adapter thingy that plugs into the back, then you plug your rca jacks to that. No worries. I found the one posted about at ford for $50. other searches came up with an adapter non ford for 69 buck and up to 200. Hate to say but the dealer has the best price so far. Thanks again

This buds for you!:cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts