2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Brother found a guy with Edward Jones and he invested some of our money we got when our dad passed away it was SAFE and we made 12% on our money with very little risk.So I took some I had saved and my wife did the same and each account made a lil over 12% If and one wants to talk to this guy send me a pm and I will get you his info..
Racer

·
Member At Large
6,637 Posts
My Brother found a guy with Edward Jones and he invested some of our money we got when our dad passed away
i'm glad y'all's investments rose a little but i'd be surprised if your brother really did find this guy and it wasn't the other way around

i believe it's a practice of their's to watch the obits and swoop in on survivors like the buzzards they are.........

bad experience with them swooping in on my mom when my dad died....
lots off stories i could tell you but i'd suggest you run away and run away fast.......... i had to teach their broker simple things like the difference between a limit order and a market order

i won't get in to how dumb their broker was but the company has tight control over them and trains them and demand that investments be made that best benefit edward jones, imo

(it's a bit more than my opinion because the dumb broker went as-far-as telling me that himsef)

i once asked him about MO (Phillip Morrris) when it was a hi-flyer and he said edward jones advise their clients not to invest in 'sin stocks' (his words)........... gimmee a friggin break!....... i'd invest in the **** industry if it was gonna make money!

i even had to bring a grievance against them over commissions for my mom and she won a rather large (5-figure) cash settlement from them thru arbitration/mediation

i am now my mother's broker

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I'm in this business and I don't know of a single investment paying 5%, much the less 12%, that I would call safe. High yield bonds (below BBB rated) are technically called junk bonds due to the default rate occurance, and they aren't yielding 12%.
People define "safe" in different ways obviously, so just be careful.

·
Banned
2,534 Posts
Sure hate to learn of someone bashing a fine company like

Edward Jones, when there are, obviously many investment firms out there that don't compare to their quality and integrity. Edward Jones discourages their agents from encouraging single stock investments, but does not prohibit the agents from making investments in single stocks, if thats what the customer demands. Five members of our family, not including me, are brokers with Jones. They are all outstanding people without a blip on their backgrounds. That is not to say one cannot find a bad apple in the bunch. Investment brokers are like any other profession or line of work, there are good, honest ones, and then there are the dishonest or over aggressive ones. Good luck in your investing, and always remember it's called taking risk, regardless of where or with who you invest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts