2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Chest deep in the Blanco River
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Roadrunner, and it's been pretty darn good - until lately....
The Cable Modem lights will go out.... first the data.... then the cable.
I had such intermittent service over the last three weeks it seemed like someone was flippin a switch just to jack with me. I knew it was useless to call them, so I online chatted about the problem with them. From 'their' end it looked like something wrong with my stuff, so I said send them on. A tech showed up today, sat at my puter, logged on to 'their' stuff and said "It's not your STUFF, it's our STUFF that's broke" He pointed to a scale and explained how green was good, yellow was not real good, and all the red we saw was aparently real bad. From sitting at my desk they could tell something was wrong 30 miles away. Point to the story.....

#1 Why didn't they already KNOW their STUFF was broke (there's got to be a little blinking light somewhere in a lonely little cable shack 30 miles away indicating 'I'm broke')

#2 Is my house someplace special to where unless I call and say "Your stuffs broke" they will never know?

I know it's a little long, and I'm trying to keep it a little humerous (since I'm now the Roadrunner watchdog - they won't know it's broke unless I call them - maybe I shoulda talked pay and benefits :) ).

Just curious if anyone else is experiencing it... and if you are...
YOUR STUFFS NOT BROKE - THEIRS IS - CALL 'EM UP

·
Banned
2,779 Posts
I ran into the same exact problem recently and spent too much of my time talking to the wrong tech support people. I got to asking around and one of my friends had also run into this problem and the tech support employee he talked to told him that the cable modems only last around 3yrs. max. Needless to say, I took my modem in first chance I had and haven't had a problem since. It's so easy a fix that it still ticks me off that their people didn't think to tell me that after the hrs I spent on the phone with them. Grrrrrrrr!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts