1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Custom User Title
1,096 Posts
I guess they manage the property or own it:

CONVENTION CENTER MANAGEMENT INFORMATION

David Townsend, Director of Convention Planning
Phone: 409.740.8635

Landry's Restaurants, Inc. is the second largest casual seafood restaurant chain in America. Concepts owned and operated by Landry's include Landry's Seafood House, Rainforest Cafe, Chart House, The Crab House, Willie G's, Muer Seafood Restaurants, Cadillac Authentic Mexican Restaurant, and Saltgrass Steak House.
http://www.galvestonislandconventioncenter.com/contact/

·
Registered
826 Posts
trodery said:
Not a very informative article...What power does Landry's have?
I agree, poorly written.
Did he have a better idea or just not want the traffic in his neighborhood?

·
Old School 2cool
8,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found it interesting that such a short article was soooo carefully worded. Sad indeed. My bride is working on the island as I type this. We "can" see it from our house. It'll work out despite this silliness. Good always overcomes evil one way or another. H/U

·
----------------------------------------
23,724 Posts
Everybody remember this next time someone suggests eating at one of his tourist traps...

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
Fertita built the convention center, in return the City of Galveston granted him concessions for his business concerns. There was some kind of trade off, but I cannot remember what was involved.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I am sure there is a very good reason for the decision that is not published. 375 households with an added 4 people on cots moving in with you would also solve the problem. Any offers ?

·
Registered
7,942 Posts
This could get good. Bobby Moody and Tilman Fertitta fought hammer and tong over who would build and run the new convention center. ( well they didnt fight , their minions and mouth pieces did)

I figure Tilman doesnt want the commoners soiling the new building but dang, they aint gonna hold any conventions there any time soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts