2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you recommend to install radar, fish finder/gps, and so on in the Corpus Christi or San Antonio area?

Derek

·
Banned
192 Posts
a job done right is one done by your own 2 hands.

·
Back in da Saddle
10,147 Posts
This was sent to me from another member here after he did some work for him...see if it helps...
I do not have anybody that far south but you might try this guy.
Hans with Bluewater 361-288-0662
Let me know if you use him because I need a guy down south and have heard good things about him..

John

Wanted to give you a heads up on the installation which Hans performed on my boat (RayMarine A65 & VHF Radio on a SeaCraft 20CC).

His quality of work was excellent. He is very conscience about his connections, wire routing, etc. He offered some well-heeded advise as to location of my unit and other things which would have been a painful learning experience if I had done it the way I thought I wanted it installed.

Scale of 1 -10:
10 - For Quality of work
9 - Cleaniness of work area after install (very good, just not perfect)
10 - Electronics operation after install
8 - Other electronics/guages operating after install (Fuel guage not working post install...said he would fix that when at the marina next trip).
10 - Professionalism & Friendliness
10+ - Would invite him back again for anyother need!
9 - Fairness of price. (Although he saved me some $$ by contracting with him direct, I had no idea that it could cost what it did it install a self contained unit as the RayMarine A65...my fault for a) not asking...& b) not knowing since all previous boats already had electronics installed).

Thanks for the heads up and his phone number. He is a great guy and HIGHLY recommend him for any level of electronics installation!

Now, you might have to invite me out sometime so I can learn how to fish the Texas coast...it is a little more difficult than the SE FL coast, that's for sure! Or, you are more than welcome to make a run with me if the conditions are smooth like they were last weekend.

Again, thanks & look forward to meeting you sometime.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I heard good things about his work, he was going to do my install but I couldn't wait he was 2 weeks out. His rate was $65 hr, pretty standard from what i researched.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts