2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the boat out sunday afternoon.....from the dock the boat got up and ran fine, after our first stop....10 minute boat ride we were headed to another spot and I got on plane and watched my speed steadily drop from 30mph to 15mph which took me off plane....from then on I couldn't get back up....no problem starting the motor but it did have a rougher idle than normal....motor is a 115 Mercury 4stoke ('02 model)......any thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
that motor is a Yamaha painted black, i'm [email protected] sure, they made most of the merc.s 4 strokes,,, But can not long on to that model with YDIS, I could check the fuel filter on the side of the motor and look for trash, or water, then a spark and compression, check, and see what it has, would be a starting place, when pulling the spark plugs, look and see if they all look the same, might try running it on a 6 gal tank to check the boats fuel system, a easy check other than going to the water, to see, how it runs, after checking the motor fuel filter, Have you had the over heat horn tested latey to a make sure low oil level or over heat did not put it in to a slow mode. Only other thing if it blew the fuel pump which drives off the cam and would put fuel in the oil, so check the oil and smell for fuel and a high oil level.

·
Banned
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if I take off the fuel filter that is in my hatch (the type that looks like an oil filter) will gas start to come out of it uncontrolably? Not sure if it matters, but I was turning the RPMS on take off to get up but it just wasn't able too.

Thanks for the info.........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts