2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
100% BS
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's pretty amazing how some animals can survive an injury and like this pig can dominate. I posted awhile back a huge three legged pig we called "Gimpzilla" Now we just refer to him as "The Gimp" about a 1 1/2 months ago I pulled some pix off the game cam of a huge pig with a gimp leg. To make a long story short. The rancher said he shot at a 3 legged pig but didn't know if he hit him. I checked my game cam and the gimp that had been a regular had not been photographed in over a month. Surely the gimp was dead. Then one day last week he showed up at my feeder again. I had pre-arranged the green light for my son to shoot him with his bow and I would video. As ususal my son wasn't listening and blew his opportunity. Next morning I would take the shot on the gimp. But for the first time in two weeks the gimp did not show. No doubt he smelled us the first morn and wasn't coming back. No doubt he is a smart pig but he would have died if I would have used firepower. The rancher's son has also taken a shot at him and obviously missed. They are hot on the gimps trail and he probably won't make it another week. Personally I kinda like seeing him but he is a vicious thing and doesn't let any other animals at the feeder but himself. He sounds down right ugly when he is pizzed. Also had this 7ptr come in. Poor thing had its front lower jaw missing. I was fixing to put him out of his misery while he was slurping up corn. He had the back half of his jaw and I could hear corn crunching. One more step and he was mine when he got a wiff of the videographer(my son) and he was gone. It was a pretty gross sight with his tongue hanging out and all the drool but this buck was surviving with only half a jaw. Couple of pix and a vid of the gimp and the no jaw buck.
Gimp vid

Attachments

·
Do you know who I think I am???
5,218 Posts
We had a deer with a broken bottom jaw and could not hold his tounge in his mouth and drooled profusely, we called him slurppy. He ended up being about 140 class deer at 4. Goes to show that wild animals are tough.

·
100% BS
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Main Frame 8 said:
Cool video- What type of cam are you using?
1st pic is with my video camera. My son took it before he zonked out. Second one is a cuddeback 4.0. I don't think they make that one anymore.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Had a three legged pig on our place and that sucker had learned to run and hang with the rest of the pigs just as if he had four legs. Ask the rancher not to shoot him if you like this animal so much!

·
100% BS
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
great white fisherman said:
Had a three legged pig on our place and that sucker had learned to run and hang with the rest of the pigs just as if he had four legs. Ask the rancher not to shoot him if you like this animal so much!
I know better than that. The rancher like most is a pig hater and all pigs will die that cross his path. As well as they should. Honestly don't really care that much but would like to stick him myself or for one of the other guys on the ranch. But if he dies in the hands of the rancher woe be unto him(the pig that is). LOL.

·
100% BS
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
reelthreat said:
We had a deer with a broken bottom jaw and could not hold his tounge in his mouth and drooled profusely, we called him slurppy. He ended up being about 140 class deer at 4. Goes to show that wild animals are tough.
No doubt this one is a drooler. Maybe he should walk. He does look healthy but that rack is kinda strange. I wonder if he can do a lip curl? He probably is a hit with the lady deer.

·
100% BS
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TMan said:
Man, put him out of his misery, suprised the coyotes havent got him.
Did plan on it. just didn't work out that way. I'm gonna have to go back and check game pix now to see if he was on there with a full set of teeth. As a matter of fact. 3 yotes walked in front of the stand about 30 min. before he showed. By the time I get back down there they may have already taken care of him.

·
100% BS
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
huntr4life said:
Great video, what you reckon happened to the deers jaw? some type of cleft or what?
I don't have any idea. I went back and checked my game cam pix but the deer wasn't on any of them. Maybe that would have given me a clue when the injury occurred or if it was a deformity. But if it was a deformity how could he have nursed like that? I think it is an injury. As far as the gimp goes I'd be willing to bet it is a snare. The rancher does put out snares.

·
We all have it coming......
8,792 Posts
Sea-Slug said:
Looks like someone is using hog snares in your area. I hate snares, they do not discriminate.
I doubt it's the result of a snare. My guess is this is more likely the result of an errant shot by the rancher. He shoots a 22-250 and pretty much let's the lead fly when he sees hogs. :D

·
100% BS
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No doubt our rancher is a hog hater. I can see his side clearly. If I owned the place I'd shoot every one and put out snares or traps but I hunt the place and personally like to see pigs at my feeder. It gives me more to shoot at.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Its nice to have a few for grilling and sausage but they can get out of hand in a hurry! We had a nieghbor up in Montague Co. that put out wire snares one year when we were overun with hogs and he unfortunately caught a couple of nice young bucks in the mix. That is why I hate snares.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts