2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
break out the 80's and them fancy lures
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, if any of yall are having fuel injector issues like I was, here is the solution.

I picked up some bad fuel, and it clogged my injectors. I had to replace all filters, clean VST, etc. and had Injector Rx clean my injectors. Check out the before and after!!!

Injector Rx is here in Houston. BW8 and 59. If anyone has a rough idleing motor or lack of power, it could be your injectors. I got all 8 cleaned for cheaper than buying ONE new one.

Brandon

Ps. Common sense, but I have been lazy and this added to my problem. Always keep your fuel tanks topped off, and try to use an ethanol treatment (Starton, Stabil, etc.) Ethanol and moister will cause havoc on a fuel system.

Attachments

·
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brandon,
Saw your boat up on the rack at surfside. Is that why it was up there, getting work on the engines??

Grant
Yeah, I was waiting for these injectors to get cleaned. I should be able to put them in tomorrow and she'll be good to go.

Brandon

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
All gasoline has a certain amount of "bad" in it, like sand, water, fine particulate, clumpy hydrocarbon, and debris caused by reactions with ethanol in your tank and any plastic fittings of lines. There are over 300 goodies in gasoline, and when put in all those pipelines and tanks they pick up a lot of trash.

You're talking about overly contaminated fuel. What you want is a two or three stage fuel filter system, like a water separator plus two in-line filters. A good filter is about 8 inches tall and 3 inches wide, rated for "x" many gallons per hour. If you mount them on deck somewhere you can change the cartridges real easy.

Sorry you had a bad experience Chase This. Sounds like you were able to have the injectors cleaned instead of spending $$$ like most mechanics would recommend. Ya done good.

LOL, did they check your compression? The number 6 and 8 look like they might be poofing, LOL. :eek:

·
Registered
298 Posts
I was at InjectorRX yesterday morning. I took the injectors out Wed. night, had them at his shop Thur morning and was out by noon. I reinstalled them yesterday afternoon and man what a difference. He charges $18 per injector for overnight service but if you want them out while you wait it's $25.

I also changed all the fuel lines. I was getting little tiny black sedament in the bottom of the VST and in the injectors. My guess was I had a fuel line breaking down some where after the filters. So now I have eliminated that possibilty.

Here are some before and after photos of the flow test... Mine is a six cyl. so the two tubes on the left were not used.

Attachments

·
SIT DOWN CLOWN
3,454 Posts
I just got off the phone with the guy at Injector RX. He definitely knows his stuff. He informed me on what direction I should take with my new motors. He was very honest, even when he knew it would not bring him any business. I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
298 Posts
He also has a LONG EZ for sale. I looked at it while I was waiting. It has the engine and avionics. He says he would take $20,000 and then you would have to invest about another $10,000 to have a jamup airplane.

·
Goin' South
833 Posts
He also has a LONG EZ for sale. I looked at it while I was waiting. It has the engine and avionics. He says he would take $20,000 and then you would have to invest about another $10,000 to have a jamup airplane.
Touched down on the wrong runway bro.

Hope it was not an emergency landing. Nothin but blue water here and the sharks are brutal!!!!!!!!!!

·
Pike
4,489 Posts
Does anyone have an e-mail address for Injector Rx? I tried finding them on a search engine with no luck. If there is no web or e-mail - how about a phone # ?
I have a Yamaha 150 4stroke - is it easy to get the injectors out and do they have to be kept in any order?
Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Chase This,

Did the injector issues show up on the Yamaha engine diagnostics?

Thanks in advance.

Well, if any of yall are having fuel injector issues like I was, here is the solution.

I picked up some bad fuel, and it clogged my injectors. I had to replace all filters, clean VST, etc. and had Injector Rx clean my injectors. Check out the before and after!!!

Injector Rx is here in Houston. BW8 and 59. If anyone has a rough idleing motor or lack of power, it could be your injectors. I got all 8 cleaned for cheaper than buying ONE new one.

Brandon

Ps. Common sense, but I have been lazy and this added to my problem. Always keep your fuel tanks topped off, and try to use an ethanol treatment (Starton, Stabil, etc.) Ethanol and moister will cause havoc on a fuel system.

·
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
http://www.injectorrx.com/

Agave, did not run the Yamaha Dx. If you have lack of power, rough ideling/running, drop in RPMs, etc. it is likely the injectors.

Injectors usually don't get dirty for no reason, and if you just clean the injectors, they will clog again. You need to clean the VST, replace the VST screen, VST filter, inline filter, and fuel water seperator. Once all of these get dirty enough, they pass debris to your injectors.

Brandon

·
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have a Yamaha 150 4stroke - is it easy to get the injectors out and do they have to be kept in any order?
Thanks Guys!
I can have my injectors out of my F150 in less than 5 minutes. Super easy. Doesn't matter how they go back in. Just don't drop them. :D

B

1 - 20 of 21 Posts