2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Charter Member
5,940 Posts
This is my guess...as of 1pm today, the Trinty River is still out of it's banks at I-10, so I'm thinking the story is about the same over at Sabine - fresh to the gulf.

·
That DamnYankee!!
4,077 Posts
Speaking of Sabine, anybody know how our old pals Mojo & PiggyPerch are doing? And what about the guy who used to post all the Bessie Hgts info? Can't remember his name but always enjoyed his posts & pics.

·
Just a Member
126 Posts
re: Sabine info..

How many members out there fish Sabine often.
I'm new to the board, know MTstring spends some time there.
I'd like to get a buddy list going since that's my home turf.
I fished Wednsday afternoon and all night, mostly Keiths lake, moved to Sabine after midnight and the water looks bad both places. Still real fresh and Toledo and Rayburn are still dumping on us.
I have got a couple of reports today of some fish being caught. Maybe if the weather holds it'll pick up soon. I'm planning to fish Monday for sure. I'll post what happens!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hey guys, I fished Sabine Today and it was extremely tough. Wind was relentless, 15-25 mph all day. Hugged the La. Shoreline and still got beat to death. First thing this morning we went towards the jettys, but that didn't work, fished the mouth of the Chicken Crossing, by the barges and caught one decent flounder, and my dad hung a monster. Thats all the action of the day basicly. Water seemed pretty fresh on up the La. Shoreline. Bait is definitely moving good close to the banks. Lets hope these winds lay down soon. Its killing me. I recently sold my bayboat to fix up my offshore boat, now I have bought another small older boat while waiting for the offshore. What the hek was I thinking. Turns out that I cant be without a boat.. It dont work.

Fletch2000, you are in my neck of the woods. I think we are about the only 2 from our area. Ive been on the board for about a year now and haven't seen anyone else, although some do fish Sabine sometime. I fish mainly offshore now from 20 to 40 miles out, but still chase the birds and drift a little for some specks and flounder, but Im not real good at it. Bluewater has me messed up now.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I'm new to the board but I'm sorta from your area, I fish mostly Calcasieu but I've been known to frequent Sabine. One thing I've noticed is that the two lakes are sisters with very similar patterns. Unfortunately both are plagued with freshwater right now. Anyway, I'm originally from Houston and grew up fishing the Texas coast and am quite familiar with most of the bay systems down to Mexico.

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Fletch, Im about as east as we get around here

As SS said above there are not a lot of folks from the Golden Triangle. I do fish Sabine as often as possible but I just cant seem to figure the place out. I never get skunked(unless MT is with me!LOL) but I never seem to find any concentrations of fish. I live in Mont Belvieu so it is an identical run for me to go to Pleasure Island as it is to go to the TxCity Dike. There are a few here who dont live over there but fish it on occasion. We used to have a gathering over there every Spring but over the last two years the gatherings have given way to Jams and we dont seem to travel as much. Maybe now that we have some locals on the board again we can get sumthin going again. Maybe not a full fledge gathering but a lil fishin get together as soon as this water cleans up. We have some good hot days this week that should help burn off some of that mud (as my Dad used to say) and get things going again.

Zac

·
Husband First, Fisherman Second...
1,988 Posts
Man I'm having trouble with this site today...Well I live in Nederland and can be wading some of the north end of Sabine in 10 minutes(out of my truck). I like to take my boat to work and fish after a lot. I pulled a 3 day weekend in Dallas for a wedding. I havn't been on Sabine since the Texas Marine Big Trout tournament. The lake was fresh then. Muddy everywhere except the mouths of the LA cuts. I found some clear/murky water, tons of bait over there. I'll be on the water some this week after work, and maybe this weekend early in the morning before the holiday boat traffic. Should be skiing or wakeboarding by the time the suns up top. If any of you see my little red boat anchored up and me wading(usually by myself), introduce yourself, pull up behind me, and join in.

·
W.W.
7,397 Posts
Sabine Lake

Hey guys, I have raised 2 sons (23-25) fishing Sabine and all places around it. We mostly fished the south end of lake from a aluiminum boat and usually targeted Flounder but sometimes would go after specks n reds. We usually always brought home the bacon. Probally 1 of the best places I have found for trout is a place just off the coast (1/2 - 1 mile) just outside of Sea Rim park. If you have acess to aluiminum boat you can put in on the beach at the extreme east end of park and looking out from coast at about 10:00 there will be some old rigs or platforms (3) these are about a mile run but they sit about 1/2 mile off beach. This place is a pretty good run from the jetties if you dont have acess to a small boat. During the fall ANY time you have a north wind the trout ARE there along with Mackrel and no telln what else as I have been broke off there a number of times and have been there with sons and lost every hook we had and I mean EVERY hook cause about every 3rd or 4th hook up would be with a Mackrel. Have ran into Jerry Norris there using live croakers and catching some nice trout. Could go on n on bout Sabine and other places close but gettn typers cramp. You will now find me trying to get offshore from BYB. later dude

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys I just found this site. I fish sabine lake on a regular basis. I live in orange and don't have many fishing buddies around here. I also fish calcasiu alot since it is only 35 mins from the house. It just sux paying $90 for a non residental license. I have not been out much in the last couple of month's since the wind has been bad and the fuel pump went out on the Yamaha. $900 ouch

·
Just a Member
126 Posts
bluewave...darn, why didn't I think of that..LOL

Welcome aboard bluewave, I got you on my mailing list. Bluewave, you own a bluewave? If not I'm gonna steal your handle. :D No seriously, I fish out of a baby bluewave myself, 19 ft., lot's of bang for the buck! Been on the lake lately?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes I fish out of a Bluewave 220 Classic with a 200 Yamaha. Is your's the 189. If so that is a great riding boat and will move with either the 115 or the 150

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
welcome aboard bluewave post up any report. i fish at calcasieu when ever work and weather will let me. i know what you mean on the license and its that time again. good luck ronnie

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hey Wet Dreams those rigs your talking about have been really good for specks in the past, but we couldn't do anything last year with them. We refer to them as the Bubba Rigs. There is a sunken platform and the legs are at about 45 degree angles. You have to be talking about these same rigs. They are less than a mile from the beach, right before Sea Rim. It is about a 10 mile trip from the Texas Boat Cut. Good to see a few people on from our area now..

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey there I'm new to the board but it sure is good to see some people talking about Sabine, here's the news ,don't let the talk about muddy water and runoff run you off. I may get in trouble for letting this out but the fish are on the reef big time fished twice in the last week limiting and more the runoff has them (specks) concentrated there good luck! :cheers:

·
Just a Member
126 Posts
welcome aboard nf...

I may get in trouble for letting this out but the fish are on the reef big time fished twice in the last week limiting and more the runoff has them (specks) concentrated there good luck!
Man, now that's a fishing report, WHEW!!! LOL Just hope your fishing buddy don't surf here! LOL :spineyes:
We have had some great tides for the reef over the last week and it has been good. Pic from yesterday. Thanks for the report, nf, I'm gonna put you on my mailing list for any local info. See Ya! Fletch

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 348
1 - 18 of 18 Posts