2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Info needed for Justin Hurst(Peach Point) WMA

6K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Timemachine 
#1 ·
Dont know anything about it, and looking to head there this weekend. Any info about when its open, costs, or hunting times would be much appreciated.

Thanks, JI

#2 ·
WMA

Dont know anything about it, and looking to head there this weekend. Any info about when its open, costs, or hunting times would be much appreciated.

Thanks, JI
They open the gates 2 hours prior to shooting time, better get there early because the line gets pretty long... People stay the night out there to get in line first.... Can only park on the left side of the road now, just pull up and get in line.... Ranger will walk the line handing out numbers 2 hours before shooting time.... Will proceed to check station, where he will call out numbers and you pick your spot.... Need Public Hunting permit, duck stamp, hunting license.... Need to be checked out of your spot by 11 or 12, can't remember as we are out of there way before then..... Been hunting there many times... Check your satellite maps prior to going.... Roads on the WMA are marked very well..... Hope that helps.... Holla

#5 ·
When heading back to check station after hunting cruise along kinda slow, I always see a bunch of deer and hogs out. Its a really cool place and your first time out will be mostly a learning expirence on how to hunt that place. Post up and let us know how you did. Oh and dont ask the ranger at the check station if you can use the restroom lol!

#10 ·
before it gets too intense... the information we got was spot on!!! thanks alot for everything. The trip was definitely a learning experience, came away with a teal and gadwall... not much, but really learned alot. Met someone in line that gave us some more advice and general tips about the area. And after seeing the place with some daylight on it, I'll be coming away with more ducks in the future.

A big thanks for the help

#11 ·
before it gets too intense... the information we got was spot on!!! thanks alot for everything. The trip was definitely a learning experience, came away with a teal and gadwall... not much, but really learned alot. Met someone in line that gave us some more advice and general tips about the area. And after seeing the place with some daylight on it, I'll be coming away with more ducks in the future.

A big thanks for the help
First time I went, a guy in line also helped me. Thanks to him, I had a good hunt. I go there often but not lately. Glad it worked out. You are the next generation of hunters stepping up to the plate.

As for me....the walk gets harder every trip. Next year I'll be a diehard boat hunter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.