2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
<---Lifetime Fishing Buddy
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At heart at least. Well, here's the story. My wife and I have our own rooms seperate from the master bedroom. My room is my lil oasis where I go chill out and play my guitar (see below). Her room? It's a storage room for her junk. No kidding!!! Now that she is carrying our first child she has decided to convert her room into the babies room. No problem there. Except that NOW my room has become OUR room. I don't know what that means just yet but I guess that I'll have to face the fact that I am no longer a Lil kid and will have to share. I pray to God that I have a lil Baby Boy to hand down my room to.

Attachments

·
Registered
30,679 Posts
BillLovesFishin said:
I don't know what that means just yet but I guess that I'll have to face the fact that I am no longer a Lil kid and will have to share.
it means a bigger house. at least that's what it meant when we started having kids back when.

but don't worry, you'll still be a kid, i'll bet. afterall, we men never really grow up, do we? as they say, the only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Congrats to you and your Wife!! The real journey through life begins when Your first Born arrives..

You will be making a lot of small and large sacrifices in the years to come...LOL

Nice Room......

·
Registered
499 Posts
Garage

My "room" is the garage. Now that the boys are here I can "play" outside with the kids to"keep an eye" on them we can stay out of the way of the kitchen and all the important stuff going on in the house (cooking, cleaning etc.). Can't hardly keep the kids in the house. We're outside all the time. Congrats on the little one. If you need any baby stuff let me know. It you can talk your wife into buying a used baby bed we have one that's in excellent condition on the classifieds.

·
Retired and working
1,579 Posts
Sacrifices don't hurt though...

The time that I used to spend playing men's slow pitch softball has been converted to coaching and umpiring at the kids' fields.
The time that I spent with the guys fishing is not extinct....but there may be a kid or two in tow. I fish more with them than I do with anyone.
The time that I spent working multiple jobs trying to get ahead is now spent getting behind the kids.
The time that I spent sleeping is divided in half so now I get more time to enjoy this life.

In a nut shell....your old life may be over. But, your new life will be fulfilling to a degree that only a real daddy can know. Any male can be a father but it takes someone special to be a daddy.

And forget about the concept of the "Baby's Mama". That Baby's mama is your wife. When you both know your place in the relationship and there is mutual respect for each other's space, the family (including the baby) will have some really good life chances. Your buddy's should evolve also. Those that do not are not your buddys.

·
Retired and working
1,579 Posts
By the way...

Nice room brother. In the event its a girl don't burn the stuff. I have two girls and a boy and one of my girls would decorate her room like that faster than the boy would.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Cool Room

Hey Bill,
That is a 2Cool room and I'm sure you have had many good relaxing hours there.

I promise you one thing , the moment you are handed your baby just after being born....There will be nothing in your " Room " that will have near the meaning you think it does today. You will transform from Dude with a cool room to Dad.
You will have a whole different prospective on " things " and now you have something
totally different to brag about. Keep a little space for yourself but I doubt you will spend much time there.

Congratulations to you both and God's blessings.

Dr. Krol

·
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wedge said:
In a nut shell....your old life may be over. But, your new life will be fulfilling to a degree that only a real daddy can know. Any male can be a father but it takes someone special to be a daddy.
I am willing and ready to make that sacrafice. I have waited for so long for this day to come. When my wife told me she was pregnant I was so happy I broke down and cried. When we went to OUR first Dr.'s appt and I heard that little heart pounding 120 mph I broke down and cried. I garantee you I will be the best father in the world to my child. I am really excited and MAN TIME GOES BY SLOW!!!

·
Just plain old bowfisherman
669 Posts
Dude, your life will change

Funny thing is, I wanted a boy, his name would be Hunter. We didnt' want to know, we wanted it to be a suprise. But there was trouble (no trouble now), and with all the unknowns we figured we could at least find out what it was. When the Dr told me she's a girl, it was an unreal feeling, like the world stopped for second, a shutter in the force. As soon as the words left his mouth, I forgot all about boys and was elated that I was having a girl. I don't think I could have had any better a feeling then at that moment. She didn't like gymnastics, she don't want softball or "formal" cheerleading. I asked her what she wanted to do, she said "lets just go to the deer lease, daddy." Awesome. I hope she never changes her mind.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e145/texas2guns/hannah2.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e145/texas2guns/hannah1.jpg

·
Registered
901 Posts
Beautiful Pics

Texas Two Guns,
Dude you are a lucky man for sure ... You have an absolutely beautiful little girl.

Hey Bill take note....just in case you have a girl and not a boy don't be disappointed just look at two guns photos.

My wife and I were the lucky receipient of a daughter 23 years ago. She has done more than we could have ask for. Great grades all the way through school and college . Has two degrees, just bought a house and is getting married 9 Sept. 2006.

I'm still excited about her and after the wedding I may be looking to build me a room like Bill has......LOL ...J/K .

You guys have so much more fun coming so sit back watch them grow and enjoy it to the fullest... You will never regret spending the time . For sure.

Dr. Krol

·
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dr. Krol said:
Texas Two Guns,
Dude you are a lucky man for sure ... You have an absolutely beautiful little girl.

Hey Bill take note....just in case you have a girl and not a boy don't be disappointed just look at two guns photos.

My wife and I were the lucky receipient of a daughter 23 years ago. She has done more than we could have ask for. Great grades all the way through school and college . Has two degrees, just bought a house and is getting married 9 Sept. 2006.

I'm still excited about her and after the wedding I may be looking to build me a room like Bill has......LOL ...J/K .

You guys have so much more fun coming so sit back watch them grow and enjoy it to the fullest... You will never regret spending the time . For sure.

Dr. Krol
TTG does have a beautiful lil girl. She is gunna be a heart breaker.

I do have my heart set on a lil girl. I have dreams at night that I'm holding onto her tight and stealing all the sugars I can get from her. I know no matter what I wish for it will probably be the opposite.

·
Just plain old bowfisherman
669 Posts
Bill, that's awesome you have dreams. I had only one dream before we knew she was a girl, it was of me walking down a dirt road holding hands with a little girl. I think I knew then that I was destined to have a girl.

Or was it the wild oats I sowed when I was younger that is coming back to haunt me,
Just ask Triple F. I got hard times ahead, I suspect.

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BillLovesFishin again.

Bill, Bill, Bill! You are turly a man after my own heart! Either that or you been peekin'. :D

I had to wait a few years till all the kids were up and out but I finally got a room of my own. It started off as just my fishin' room. You know, keep all the purty toys in the house, along with my leader building and rod and reel cleaning/tinkering stations.

But over time my interests and activities have changed some so now it is far more than my fishing' room, it is my "fortress of solitude". I have a computer in there that is not and will never be connected to the internet. It's where I do my writing when the urge hits me. I save a few pics on it too and that's it.

I also have my gun stuff in there now and the rod and reel cleaning/tinkering area has now been expanded to includethe gun cleaning/tinkering area as well.

It is a place where I can go and just get lost in my "stuff" and dial the world out for an hour or two. I find that spending time in there to be a source of great comfort and reflection.

I know every man can't have a room to them selves but every man SHOULD have that space that is all his. The psyclolgical and spiritual health of any man would benefit from having a space like this to use as HE pleases.

Struggle for it fellas. It's worth it and I ain't lyin'.

Attachments

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
BillLovesFishin said:
WJ, Your room looks so relaxing.
Yes, it is. I tried to arrange it so that no matter where in the room my eyes would wander, they would fall upon somththing that would make me smile by recalling a pleasant memory.

The first pic has my gun cabinet which contains all "the boyz" and their doin's. It isn't in the shot but a flyrod that I got for my Dad while I was in Japan back in '63 is above that window. He has caught a many a fine fish on it but can't use it any more so he asked me to put it in my room. I was only too happy to accomodate. Miss Pam made the little curtain and the day-bed cover for me.

the Second pic is my Canada wall. All the pics and objects on the wall are from one of the fly-out fishin' trips we made to Northern Ontario. Also one of my rod racks made by Cool Change. Nexg to that is the computer and laser printer.

the third pic is the desk, which also serves and the cleaning/tinkering station for all the junk I have that needs cleaning or tinkering with. The wall contains more pics of family and friends and fishin'.

the last one is of my boat. Miss Pam gave me a boat for Christmas one year and it is a tad small for actually fishin' in but it fit's real nice in the f"ortress of solitude". Also featured in that shot is my other rod rack made by Cool Change.

So you can see that when I'm in there I'm completely surrounded by the pics of my family and friends and the objects which bring me pleasure. Sometimes I go in there with a cold Shiner Bock, turn the radio on 97.1 (classic country) and just "be".

1 - 20 of 22 Posts