2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Equine connoisseur
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy Bryan and I are leaving from DFW at 5am Monday for South Africa for a 7 day safari. He won the drawing for the trip courtesy of the fine organization known as SCA. I'm headed up to Weatherford in the manana to meet up with him and we might just have to hit Bass Pro Shop on the way to the airport. Heh, heh.

Seems like I've got every prescription and over-the-counter drug known to man in my kit. LOL I've got several disposable cameras and my digital one to record the trip.

I'm shooting a .300 Weatherby Magnum and Bryan is using a .375 H&H. We figger between the two of us, we oughta make a sizable dent in the animal population. LOL

Best wishes to everyone for the 4th! Be safe and have fun! I'll try and see if they have internet access at the lodge. If they do, I'll update y'all from time to time.

Oh, and they said they were going to have some Dos XX there too. :D

Adios,
Big Bwana aka Pablo

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
You One Lucky Bwana!

Watch where you walk. The Black Mamba isn't black, he's thin and green with a black mouth.

Also don't step in any Cape Buffalo dung and track it into your tent. That stuff really stinks (they say).

You guys should get some shots. I don't know. (like from a Dr. - Milaria (SP?), etc.)

If one of the gun bearers drops the guns and starts running and screaming, don't wait around to figure out what's going on. You run like the wind right behind that ________ until he stops! Stay out in front of him if at all possible. It might be a hungry lion so he'll get eaten first. Anyway, say HI to Tarzan for us. Good luck, take pictures and be careful. CF? :rotfl:

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Say Hi to Jane for me. I think I know her.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Wes, you have yourself a great trip there my friend...

Be safe and come back in one piece ya lucky bastage! Well, you're not lucky, I couldn't think of a more deserving fella..

Take care and have a good one!

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Have a great trip and bring us back some pics. Use a flash on the camera to take the shadows out, even in bright sun and take off the sun glasses. YOu don't want to go all that way and bring back a bunch of bad pics. Now with that said, you don't have to run faster than the Lions, just faster than your bud!

Sounds like a great time, N-Joy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts