2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to take a Biology class this semester and the teacher is an environmental wacko! Class for 2 days and she's already stressed that every organism on the planet has just as much right to be here as humans yada,yada. Gave us a history on the Wolf deal at Yellowstone (she has a wolf shrine in her room). She told us about a "drunk, idiot hunter" that shot one of the transplanted wolves after it left the Yellowstone property. Don't know about the drunk part but I have to agree on the idiot, it was one of the original wolves and had a tracking colar on, he took it to his house!

I did find out yesterday that she teaches a fly tying class and loves to fly fish. OMG I'm wearing kit gloves cause I don't want any problems in this class and right now I"m still sitting on them but I know they'll come off before Christmas.
I'm watching my signs so I'll have plenty of "hiptcrate" arguments for her when I finally do loose my cool and speak out!
funny

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
You should do great in there

you have the advantage of something in common. Get her to open up about the fishing and you might even learn something. Just be sure to come and share any knowledge you gain.

·
----------------------------------------
23,724 Posts
Seems like she should teach the curriculum and leave her personal opinions at the door.

MEGABITE

·
Husband First, Fisherman Second...
1,988 Posts
CHunter and I are on the same page. If she takes the time to learn to tie fly's than she can't be too bad of a lady. Just bite your tongue long enough to talk fishing with her. Then you'll be her favorite student. Then if she is still rude, tell her fish eat fly's...I eat fish...

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, she's not rude.What I have a problem with is the "all hail the environment" and "animals are people too" theories she's already started planting from her platform of being an instructor. I was told by another teacher that knows me to police my views if I want a good grade. I plan to, just hope I can hold on. What I want to see is how deep she is into her thoughts and then wonder why she's willing to "hurt" a fish.ha! I'll keep ya'll posted on my interactions with her.
And to answer another question, she's been teaching for 30 yrs and I don't know if she has a boat yet or not! ha.

·
Dickinson
2,530 Posts
stess "Food Chain"

yes, we of god's creatures have the right to exist. don't lose sight of the fact that EVERYTHING CONSUMES TO SURVIVE.

·
Unrecoverable Saltoholic
472 Posts
Dude! You must be going to UT-Austin...LOL. Just be glad that it's a "science" teacher that is doing this, instead of all your other profs. Bite your tongue, regurgitate what she teaches in class on the exams, get your grade and get the F outa there. Pretty simple. Go tell her what you think of her bs next semester when you don't have anything to lose. Or do an add/drop like everyone else, if it's feasible for you.

Good luck, and I if you keep the class, I can't wait for updates....LOL

Tsip

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
OutLaw, Go along to get along. Passing the class is the priority. Bit the lip!!!!!!! Darn, it ain't rocket science, give her what she wants.

·
Banned
164 Posts
John....& you say Im the 1 in trouble all the time...:)..LOL
Give me a ring sometime & I'll get ya a mess of feathers for your teacher, So she can tie some flies...Dating a Vet does have some Major benefits...Just dont tell her your a bird assasin...:)..Later Bro

Oxx...:)

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Wacko College Professors!!!!!

OUTLAW;
Having had a few of the Wacko's back in my college days....I suggest you just
bite your lip and tread lightly...Most of the College Prof's Know the game and you
just have to play by their rules in Their Class...I KNOW it can be really hard to keep
your lip buttoned up, but they hold all the good cards.
They have heard most of the points you want to make, and they will enjoy embarishing
you in front of the class.
I read a short paper titled "How to Stay in College". It gave a 3 of 4 step plan...
something like 1] Find a reason to visit them during their office hours {homework
question or something} 2] Go to class!!!! 3]Cut out newspaper articles about their
subject and give them too them 4] Do your homework. All these thing show you care
(or they think you do) about their class...That will help you more than you can
imagine.
Good Luck,
Jackie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts