2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Heritage, not Hate
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The optometrist called today and said my glasses were in. I hesitated to go pick them up, but finally did since I forked out $140 last month for 'em. They're only for reading and computer work....at least for now. But what a difference they make! Maybe now I can tie a knot in my fishing line and actually see what the heck I am doing.

Later, Wendi

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
LOL I know the feeling!!

I have had my RX for almost 10 months. It started out the same way, first for the computer, now I wear them at night while driving, and from what I have been told they will only get worse. $140.00 is a good price. I don't even remember how much I paid, I also had a pair of sunglasses with my RX installed, all the prices were a blurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....................

Tip, you can change the font size on the computer to help.
Go to the display properties, click on the Appearance, you can then change the font, size, highlight and everything inbetween. I have my font size setting on "blind as a bat". LOL

·
459 Posts
eyeball

You will find that finally given in can really make a positive differance in your day to day. 99.99999999% of everyone has to deal with near vision loss around the age of forty. When we turn around 70 the Dr. will replace the less in your eye and it will be fantastic. If you want some comfort in the sun try polarized RX
glasses. One thing you will find is that glasses that cost $50.00 will preform like $50.00 eyewear. If you have any question about your vision don't hesitate to call. They are your eyes ya know...

Happy Days

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
I have a cure.

I had my arms lengthened. :eek:

I can see Dallas from here, but I have a problem reading small print. I tried some of those reading glasses at Randalls. Im gonna buy some. I kinda like the grandpa look!

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Glasses

I've been wearing glasses since the age of 12. I feel naked without them. Over the last few months I have been taking them off to read in low light and to do close-up tasks.

Had an eye exam a couple of weeks ago and the man told me bi-focals were in order. Horrible memories of old, bi-focal wearing school techers flashed back to me. He said they had them now without the tell-tale "old age" line across the middle of the lens. I picked them up today.

Honestly, they are absolutely fantastic. I can read small print in low light and I see fine at distance. They warned me about stairs, but that was not an issue.

I stopped for a couple of beers on the way home and that is where I encountered the first problem. In the restroom (careful, this is a family appropriate board)............Maybe that is a story better saved for Double Bayou!

As far as Rx sunglasses go, there is an outfit in Wimberly who mail order Rx shades at a fraction of the usual price. Maybe someone can post-up a link?

steve

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Im freeking ROLLING. LOL

ROTFLMAO!

Too late John. Bill and I saw it. OMG. Im lauging so hard. :dance:

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
I am old then Bill cause naps sure sound good.

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
Bill, I take a half hour nap every day of my life at lunch. I figger the kindergarden gang is on to something with that one. If you practice as hard as I do at it, you can literally fall asleep in about 2 minutes.

John, we ***all*** saw that one, but trust me, it's safe with me, bruddah. I am not sure about exactly the dimensions, though ;)

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
Gary said:
ROTFLMAO!

Too late John. Bill and I saw it. OMG. Im lauging so hard. :dance:
Dang, I missed it........

·
459 Posts
Polarized lenses

The old thing is a state of mind. Naps rock!!!! The youngest in my clutch just turned 1. Polarized lenses are like any thing else (the cheaper it is, the cheaper it is) in most cases. PVA (Poly Vinyl Alcohol) the magic of polarized lenses comes in different levels of quality. Do one thing though, use color C, and try to control back light (light entering the back of your eyewear). That will make a difference.

Good Luck

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
I am 27 and nap as much as I can. between work and school for like an hour if I can. I am fortunate that I dont have to wear glasses. My kids got me a shirt that says "you know your old when you consider happy hour a nap". I am thinking, am I old? No fricken way!!!

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
Gary said:
I had my arms lengthened. :eek:

I can see Dallas from here, but I have a problem reading small print. I tried some of those reading glasses at Randalls. Im gonna buy some. I kinda like the grandpa look!
grandpa, in a tu-tu........dude, that ain't right......lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts