2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They finally got our power restored!!! I spent some time last week shooting the hummingbirds. These are some shots I was able to capture of them fighting at the feeder.

Brett

·
A Wild Kiwi fern
3,772 Posts
now that one on the right in the last photo is just showing off. gee whizz. Texas hummers fly backwards??? :D ;)

i bet they were hungry after Ike.

nice photos and i'm glad you're back up and running. :)

rosesm

·
Formerly ynggun
1,205 Posts
Came home after ike and walked outside and there was a humming bird near the hawaiin gingers(sp?) I thought it was cool but it was too dark and it flew away before I could get the camera.

·
1,188 Posts
Glad to hear you got your power back. I know you are lovin the a/c. We got our power back a few days ago and it was such a relief.

·
POC chunker
9,209 Posts
Beautiful shots. That last one should get at least 9 style points for the backflip. I really like whatever you did for post processing these. Between that and the butter smooth bokeh, the birds really pop from the background.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually, I did very little post processing on these. I did these on my laptop since I didn't have power until last night. The birds pop from the background because of the lighting I used (see my previous hummer post). As for the smooth background...well, that's just the 600f4 working its magic ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts