2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Equine connoisseur
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, well, well...looks like I've got a lot of reading to do. You hombres have been pretty busy!

What a trip! Too bad we had to come back to reality and 100 degree weather.

I'll give y'all the short version now and tell stories as I can get them written. I've got some unbelievable stories. I've got a lot of catching up to do at the office, so bear with me.

Bryan and I left the morning of the 5th and got back Friday afternoon. Our guns didn't make it to Johannesburg, but they came in on a later flight. That was the only problem we had, other than sitting in a plane for 16 hours straight!

We had a blast, great people, food, beautiful country...oh, and we hunted a little too. LOL

The country really reminded me of South Texas: lots of brush and red sand. We only went to one place that was like you see on the Discovery Channel. Most of what you see on tv is filmed elsewhere.

For those of you who can't stand it any longer, we shot the following:
Bryan-Blue Wildebeest, Red Hartebeest, Warthog, Impala and Zebra.
Wes-Blue Wildebeest, Red Hartebeest, Warthog, Impala, Bushbuck and two Gemsbok.

Both of our wildebeests, hartebeests and my bushbuck made the SCI (Safari Club) record books.

Lots of fun, no stress, no cell phones and no internet.

I am currently accepting donations to my taxidermy fund. Feel free to chip in. LOL Eeek, not very pleasant.

The picture is of my blue wildebeest.

Y'all have a good day!

Pablo

Attachments

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Dang, that's one ugly steer!
also why would anyone shoot a Zebra? Guess I don't understand big game hunting. I'm sure it's the trip of a lifetime, would be for me.

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,559 Posts
Man welcome back and I'm glad you had a good trip! You got to do what most people will never experience; and that is worth it even if you're going to have to mortgage the ranch for your taxidermy fees, lol.

TH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts