2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Colossians 3
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

KERRY’S SECOND CHOICE:

PESSIMISM WITH A SOUTHERN DRAWL

(RALEIGH) - Senator John Edwards’ “Pick me for VP Tour” has paid off as the Kerry campaign today announced him to be their choice for VP. While Democrats would like to think that Edwards can help John Kerry by wooing Southern voters with his smooth Southern drawl, the reality is that neither Edwards nor Kerry are in tune with Southern voters; the only difference between the two senators is their accents. In fact, the Kerry-Edwards ticket represents one of the most divisive and out of the mainstream tickets for President. Never before has the Democratic Party chosen the 1st and 4th most liberal members of the United States Senate to represent it in a Presidential campaign.

“The only thing separating John Edwards from John Kerry is their accents,” said Ferrell Blount, Chairman of the North Carolina Republican Party. “When it comes to their voting records, both are out of touch with North Carolina voters on important issues like taxes, partial birth abortion, Medicare reform, and national security.

“John Edwards delivers his pessimism with a southern drawl and a smile, but his message of a divided America rings hollow in the ears of an optimistic America that is united in meeting the tests of our times with strength and hope,” Blount added.

According to National Journal, “Kerry and Edwards aren’t all that different, at least not when it comes to how they voted on key issues before the Senate last year. The results of the vote ratings show that Kerry was the most liberal senator in 2003, with a composite liberal score of 96.5. But Edwards wasn’t far behind: He had a 2003 composite liberal score of 94.5, making him the fourth-most-liberal senator.” (Richard E. Cohen, “How They Measured Up,” National Journal, 2/28/04)

And political analysts say Sen. Edwards’ Southern roots aren’t likely to be an asset to the ticket.

UVA Professor Larry Sabato: “He has only one term in the United States Senate. There’s no other public office experience. It is really going to be impossible for John Kerry to stand up and say if he does pick Edwards ‘I picked the most experienced person best able to take over the presidency if need be.’ It is just not true and anybody would know it…don't forget Edwards does come from North Carolina but he is not particularly strong in his home state. He barely won the senate seat. Most polls over to last six years have shown him with low popularity. I am not sure he can carry North Carolina.” (Fox News, “Fox and Friends,” 7/6/04)

Go to http://www.kerrypicksedwards.com/ to find out more about John Edwards.

·
Registered
678 Posts
AS your President I will allow Beach Buggie entrance to all National Seashore Properties as long as you have White walls, Four on the floor and your Buggie looks like a train. No Barnys, Daisey Pickers, Priscilla Goodbodies, or Randy Richbottms as well. Jerseyites who Swagger have to pay Double and all other out of staters have to take a 2000 word subjective test on the merits of a Bushel of Spot versus a Bushel of Maryland Blue Crabs. Ambulance Drivers with attitudes and other maladys can come on but must be on 24 hour call. All others Ambo Drivers and racanteurs welcome. Those who think they are Farmers can enter but must pay a user fee to AJ for the operation of the monetering devices that detect the validty of fish stories and other tall tales of yarn. Red Necks Are always welcome as are other preaty ladies from that part of the country. (Thats You EL, as long as you make some Mortgage lifters). Pennsylvanians can come on board but they have to file an affadavit swearing allegence of greatness to the Jersey tomato. For all others a simple cost of 250.00 plus dinner for all at the Mad crabber...................A vote for Bubba and Al, is a vote for return to the "Reel Liife"!

·
Colossians 3
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You got my vote.

I'll take the Maryland Blue Crabs as well.

Now just bring back my Mad Crabber. Its gone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts