2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
7,385 Posts
Mexico is catholic. They allow Mexicans in their churches. The Vatican is more like the White House, you can tour parts, but the rest is closed off for security reasons. If you ever get the chance go see it, do it. It’s spectacular. The question was would Jesus be pizzed if illegals broke in a cabin for food. I don’t think so, but again, I’m not an expert in that area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Deadeye McGee
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Intent

Mexico is catholic. They allow Mexicans in their churches. The Vatican is more like the White House, you can tour parts, but the rest is closed off for security reasons. If you ever get the chance go see it, do it. It’s spectacular. The question was would Jesus be pizzed if illegals broke in a cabin for food. I don’t think so, but again, I’m not an expert in that area

My intent with this post was to see what others were or were not doing to secure their hunting property. It was not a religious/WWJD or what is humane question. If I am traveling and get hungry or thirsty and I may or may not have money to purchase some food or water, my needs don't give me the right to break into someone's house to steal it. Remember, Thou shall not steal. Thanks for all the comments. I think my original post has already served its purpose.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
If I am traveling and get hungry or thirsty and I may or may not have money to purchase some food or water, my needs don't give me the right to break into someone's house to steal it. Remember, Thou shall not steal.
Excellent point! The fact is illegals are doing illegal things, and now we have to pay the price of their wrong doing.

My stuff will be secured within normal means, but I'm not leaving supplies out for them. And I sure as h$ll won't be hospital to them trespassing illegally. I've learned that if you let them know you won't be hospital towards them that they find an alternative route. Probably to the guys that are leaving supplies for them!

·
Registered
549 Posts
As a young man in another life I was a BP Agent in Bracketville. This was around the year 2000 so things have changed somewhat. but other things remain the same.

The routes these groups take are usually decades old and there is always a smuggler to guide the group. If your property lies near a railroad track, has power lines near it, or borders a recognizable roadway you most probably have seen alien traffic on the property and seen some 'lay up' spots where groups will wait/rest and the enormous amount of trash they leave behind.

Do not leave access to vehicles of any kind. I've seen them steal ranch vehicles of all kinds and even tractors and then plow through fences and locked gates.

They usually want as little exposure as possible so raiding a camp house is usually a desperate act but not uncommon at all. That usually happens the further away from the border as their supplies dry up. You could leave food/water for them if you wish. Signs sometimes work but half of them can't read but you may get lucky. You could get a 'Border Patrol' logo and put it on your doors. I bet that would help deter some. But lock everything up like Fort Knox!!

If you are having problems with break in's or witness increased traffic, contact the BP sector HQ liaison and request increased patrol and possibly a sensor or two installed. If you have cell service get a cellular game camera and have the local BP station to contact on your phone to call when you witness alien traffic.

·
Do you know who I think I am???
5,206 Posts
We had a place for 25 years about 8 miles North of Laredo. Locking up stuff will do no good... we put a cross above every door and a statue of the Virgin Mary next to each one and they for the most part were respectful and only took what they needed. Before we did that almost every week they would trash the camp.

·
Registered
549 Posts
You could get a 'Border Patrol' logo and put it on your doors. I bet that would help deter some. But lock everything up like Fort Knox!!
On second thought, don't do that... that may have been ok back then but nowadays you may find yourself in court. Maybe just a 'similar' logo and colors

·
Registered
224 Posts
Nah, I think Jesus would be 100% for feeding hungry people. Starving people versus the rich guys recreational cabin? I don’t think he would be outraged. But I’m not an expert on Jesus. I’m sure there are some biblical experts on here that might have a more educated opinion. I’d probably take everything I wanted to keep and leave the door unlocked. Or get a lease away from the border.

^^^^Amen^^^^

·
'81 Aggie
1,548 Posts
Nah, I think Jesus would be 100% for feeding hungry people. Starving people versus the rich guys recreational cabin? I don’t think he would be outraged. But I’m not an expert on Jesus. I’m sure there are some biblical experts on here that might have a more educated opinion. I’d probably take everything I wanted to keep and leave the door unlocked. Or get a lease away from the border.
I know it's wrong to break in and steal food, but I've never been hungry or thirsty enough to even think about it. But every year, we read about children of Jesus (and we're all God's kids) dying of thirst. If I had loved ones with me dying of thirst, you can bet I'd break in. And the more secure the house, the more damage I'd have to do to save us.

And on a practical level, which is more expensive, leaving out a few cans of beans (with a pop top) and some drinking water, or fixing a broken door?

Most of what I'm reading here indicates the majority of any damage has been breaking in, which would be pretty much unnecessary if there was some food and water left outside.

·
Registered
583 Posts
for those of you who leave food and water out for the transients, please be sure to print notices on the food and water stating in both languages "The food and water furnished for your use are compliments of the Republican Party"

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
booby trap

the ranchers need to start booby trapping the ranches, word will get back soon. :texasflag

·
Registered
13,604 Posts
the ranchers need to start booby trapping the ranches, word will get back soon. :texasflag
I don't like a thief any more than the next person, and I'm certainly not for open borders. But we are talking about lives here. We have no idea the conditions some leave their home for, but I know it would take extreme circumstances for me to leave my home and family.

I think maiming or killing someone is not a little, but way overboard. I guess human life and the possible taking of that life means more to me than it does to some. We're talking about food and water in these instances, not someone trying to harm us or our family.

·
Premium Member
15,744 Posts
All these mega churches sitting back and letting the tax payers foot the bills for the hungry and claim that the tax payers aren’t doing enough. I wonder how many hungry illegal hungry children could fit in the Summit?

·
Deadeye McGee
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
What?

All these mega churches sitting back and letting the tax payers foot the bills for the hungry and claim that the tax payers aren’t doing enough. I wonder how many hungry illegal hungry children could fit in the Summit?
I guess you hit the nail on the head! All of our pseudo-Christians have fallen silent now! I tried to end this when it went off-course!

P.S.- kind of like Pelosi needing to invite all the illegals over to her compound/house to live, eat and have ice cream for dessert!

·
'81 Aggie
1,548 Posts
the ranchers need to start booby trapping the ranches, word will get back soon.
Yeah, 'cause then they won't just steal food and stuff. They'll sue you and get the entire ranch- legally.

You'll be in jail anyway, so you wouldn't miss the ranch for a few years.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts