2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my boys had to have an emergency appendectomy this evening. I'm home long enough to change clothes and get back up to MCV to spend the night. Don't know when I'll be home again... the appendix had perforated (ruptured) and Connor has to stay a few days before he can come home... prayers requested... see ya'll when I get back

Hawk

·
Registered
550 Posts
Not good Hawk. Will keep you and yours in the prayer book also. To many things happenings lately. Be safe and good luck.

·
Malt Beverage Diety
1,385 Posts
Conner

Prayers sent...

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Hope Conner is doin' better,man...May the Lord grant you and yours the grace and strenghth to cope with troubled times.Man,Hawk,I was in the neighborhood(Richmond)...wish I'da known.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Connor is doing VERY well. Thanks to everyone for the kind words and prayers. They're keeping him five days due to the perforation, and antibiotics he's on... so we're hoping to bring our boy home on Sunday. I've been living up at the hospital and have had a few minutes a day to pop in, wash my face (and tail) and pop back out to the hospital again...

God bless

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I brought His Majesty (Connor said they treated him like a king in the hospital) home this afternoon... we managed to catch the last half of the preacher's sermon this morning, and everyone fussed over him at church... I'm beat from trying to sleep on the worst mattress I've ever tried to sleep on in my entire life, but I'll get over it. Connor is fine... thanks to everyone for the prayers. Every time I go to the hospital, I find out how good I have it at home... healthy kids for the most part, and a loving wife waiting for me here.... lots of little kids were left ALONE in the hospital with no family there to look after or comfort them. It broke my heart to see some of the sick kids... One little girl had something called SMA (Spinal Muscular Atrophy) and she's a terminal case... just 2 1/2 years old, and as sweet as honey. Her name is Isis, and I'd ask you all to pray for her momma, as she is having a hard time... We talked a couple of times, as parents will when they have the commonality of kids in the hospital at the same time, and the ordeal the family has suffered through is more than I care to think about... God has truly blessed me with my family, and it's times like these that the length and breadth of just how huge the blessings are, is made plain for me to see....

TT<><

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Working around sickness and death on a weekly basis gives one a completely different view of life and how to live it...also,a slightly warped sense of humor!!I can,Hawk,relate to what you feel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts