2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
El jefe
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after seeing all the damage where do they take all the tree's , 2x4s , junk , old boats ect , to a land fill or do they just burn it ? i was just wondering because it is alot !!!!

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
pilar said:
after seeing all the damage where do they take all the tree's , 2x4s , junk , old boats ect , to a land fill or do they just burn it ? i was just wondering because it is alot !!!!
Recycle?

·
KD
93 Posts
Burn Ban

A "Burn Ban" is in effect for the entire area! Emergency service are already stretched and they don't need to respond to a brush fire out of control.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
There was a show on the Discovery Channel (? - I think) a couple of years ago on how things are recycled...weapons, office equipment, heavy equipment like road graders, etc. They had one on Katrina.

I don't remember the specifics, maybe someone recalls the name of the show and we can post a link here?

·
El jefe
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i live in san antonio so i am not dumping , just wondering where it all goes ????

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
League City has set up a dedicated area where it's being brought into on my street. I assume the will use a trench burner to burn it off later. If you see the gigantic trucks doing the hauling, please let them go first at the interesections still being controlled by 4 way flashing red lights. They need to get their job done and these trucks are huge.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I saw them putting huge amounts of debris (trees and wood) in some fields near Beaumont after Rita. Then they brought in a big machine that made mulch.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Landfills will recieve much of it as well as trench burning and grinding operations it could take years before it is all handled ... I run a Landfill near DFW and just want to say that i just built 6 acres of lined landfill cell and it cost me 2.1 million . So even if it is a disaster private companies still have to charge disposal .....or get bailed out by the feds!!!! sorry just had to throw that in.

·
Can't be what you ain't.
8,451 Posts
kdumas said:
A "Burn Ban" is in effect for the entire area! Emergency service are already stretched and they don't need to respond to a brush fire out of control.
He was asking a general question for information of what is normally done with all the debris. Not asking if he could burn his trash....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts