2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
Joined
·
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder how much money I'll be able to save between now and if there's ever a rebuild? Probably none, afterall it is hunting season! :biggrin:
 

Attachments

·
aka: KSims1868
Joined
·
3,848 Posts
Yeah I noticed that old pink building finally got flushed away. Man that place had some history. I didn't visit Maribelle's much...but it has been a landmark for a LOOOONG time.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
23,853 Posts
She used to have a place on Grand Cayman too. Maribelle's in Hell. Hell is a little town on the island.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30,684 Posts
maribelle's was a landmark. i first visited it in about 1976, and they always made a great margarita. it will definately be missed. what dumb*ss left their car in the parking lot?
 

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
Joined
·
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is, or should I say was, Maribelle's. Probably not the most attractive bar to hang out in but I am friends with the owner and have met some pretty cool people there. I have also met some.................well let's just say "undesireables" there too.
 

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
Joined
·
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some idiot that probably wasn't able to continue making payments so he figured he would rip off the insurance company buy leaving it there! These are the idiots that make all of our rates go up and up! A smaller scale bail out!
mastercylinder said:
maribelle's was a landmark. i first visited it in about 11976. it will be missed. what dumb*ss left their car in the parking lot?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,535 Posts
Me and the wife use to ride the bike there on the weekends. Got caught in the rain riding there on several occasions and dried off in front of the fire place. I cant beleive its gone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30,684 Posts
Silverspoon said:
Some idiot that probably wasn't able to continue making payments so he figured he would rip off the insurance company buy leaving it there!
or, knowing maribelle's, it could have just been someone who couldn't find their way to their car thursday night. :smile:
 

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
Joined
·
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is probably the truth Bruce! Perhaps they had one too many "hurricanes"! :tongue:

I'll tell you this too, the drinks/beer were some of the least expensive around the lake, I personally conducted my own survey :wink: and probably the strongest!

mastercylinder said:
or, knowing maribelle's, it could have just been someone who couldn't find their way to their car thursday night. :smile:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,871 Posts
I stopped going when they asked the wife and i + 5 others to either remove our harley shirts or turn them inside out all the while some honda shirts people were sitting there looking at us.

told them - well never mind .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,535 Posts
Terry G. said:
I stopped going when they asked the wife and i + 5 others to either remove our harley shirts or turn them inside out all the while some honda shirts people were sitting there looking at us.

told them - well never mind .
How long ago was that?
 

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
Joined
·
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I hear that, it must have been back awhile! I remember for a period of time it was a Daqueri Bay or something, it didn't last very long as that either. I have been going there since around 1985 or so and I have never seen or heard of that, that is total BS for sure.
big john o said:
How long ago was that?
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top