2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,162 Posts
Check them and make sure the lids close square, etc. Been there done that on cooler deals. And 5 days of ice is comical at best. 5 days at keeping beer cold after the ice melts, maybe I haven't left beer in an ice chest that long. LOL

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,559 Posts
I bought one of the 152 quart Ultra Cold Igloos at Academy in April for $50 and change and it will sure keep ice for a long time. For instance; bought ice on Sunday, 6-20 and filled the cooler with beer and Dr. Pepper and other drinks and on 6-24 the thing still had some ice in it and the drinks were still cold. Left it on the porch at Port Mansfield for those days and it was hot.

The price you quote for BPS is a good one if it's the same cooler.

TH

·
Registered
26,147 Posts
the fine print for the cooler to hold ice for five days (IIRC):

1. Cooler must remain in shaded area with outside temp no higher than 90º
2. must remain closed at all times (not very useful).

That said, I have 2 of those 150 qt coolers and they do hold ice much better than any other cooler (Igloo, Gott, Coleman) I have ever owned. {I've never had on e the "marine" igloos, so can't comment on their performance.} Downside is they are frickin' huge and don't fit under the bed-cover on my truck, so I have to put it on a tailgate rack if I wanna take it on a road trip. For $35, I'd go and get another if I really needed it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts