2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Florida and Alabama folks are joining our plight to stop IFQ's. Florida and Alabama are understanding we will crash the Red Snapper Fishery if IFQ's go into effect.
I am very pleased hear other folks are realizing what we have been saying
for years. I guess our statements at the Tampa Council Meeting and especially
Tom Hilton's testimony had a huge impact. Everyone seems to be alarmed
except NMFS.

Feels good to have a fresh pack of hounds in the hunt.

Jim Smarr

·
Iusedtofish
2,893 Posts
Great news! maybe we will get the tide rolling our way for once!! Thanks for all that you and Tom do!!

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Thats great! Now all you CCA members and I am one too, need to contact your CCA folks and get them in the hunt too. I have been trying with the folks in Houston. A little ( or a lot ) of pressure would not hurt. I am not bashing CCA but a little urging would not hurt. PS also a RFA member too. Good fishing.

Charlie

·
Its easy to grin when your ship comes in
5,918 Posts
snowball's chance there Charlie for the CCA powers to help us on this one. I will write another letter though.

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Manintheboat

You may be rite, but I think if lots of members let them know how we feel they may get the message. They have done some good in the past and maybe they will come out of hiding on this one. Good fishing

Charlie

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
jim smarr, why dont you put your web link in your signature? That way everyone can see it when you post.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK Argo

Just for you here it is. LOL

jimsmarr
rfatexas.org
361-463-1558

·
Duck removal service
1,037 Posts
Jim, just went to the rfatexas site and tried to re-join after a couple year lapse and none of the buttons worked. Is this a simple timing problem or have you discontinued joining via your page?

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Instigator

We are having a tech problem. Monday call Tony as she is membership director
at 800joinrfa. She can handle the membership very quickly.

Jim Smarr

·
Duck removal service
1,037 Posts
Jim,

There must be a conspiracy to keep me off the membership list. Called 800-joinrfa (800-564-6732) and got a nice lady refering me to another number to call so I can get in touch with interesting local people! Much as I would like to visit with the interesting people that she was probably alluding to, that's not what I had in mind for today. Could the number be a triple 8 code or I am just too stupid to figure out how to dial the phone right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts