2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go buy some Thank You cards tomorrow, sign them, and then pass them out to those that made that possible. I owe both the Kemah and Seabrook Police Departments a huge thank you. The League City Police Department has my profound thanks as well. Something as simple as a card goes a long way. It's just a thought. It just might mean more than you can imagine as they go into their 14th day of this. Certainly, someone or some group has touched your life lately. Simply thank them for that.

·
Done Wit Dat
7,538 Posts
I was out at the fairgrounds today and saw a bunch of linemen near their cherry pickers and I shouted a thank you. A security guard asked me what my problem was :D

I just explained that I wanted to thank them for all they have done here. He said he'd go explain so they didn't think I was just some nut. Methinks a thank you card would have gotten the message across better. LOL!

·
Heritage, not Hate
3,239 Posts
I, for one, can tell you what it means for the residents of BV to stop and tell me thank you. I know it can be a pain having to show proof of residence each and every time you enter the city, but it is only for safety and security reasons. Most people are grateful...some are not. One guy I really wanted to jerk through his car window yesterday.....I shrugged it off and the next guy in line handed me a box of warm Shipley's donuts. I think I did the right thing.....mmmmm.....they were good too!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I work for texas new mexico power,and we are sorry we couldn't get every one on sat.,sunday but the trees were just so bad.We know you care thanks!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Mont said:
Go buy some Thank You cards tomorrow, sign them, and then pass them out to those that made that possible. I owe both the Kemah and Seabrook Police Departments a huge thank you. The League City Police Department has my profound thanks as well. Something as simple as a card goes a long way. It's just a thought. It just might mean more than you can imagine as they go into their 14th day of this. Certainly, someone or some group has touched your life lately. Simply thank them for that.
Mont, maybe we could have a good old BBQ or something of that nature in the near future to show our thanks to the men and women who gave all they could and then some to help us out. I would think that sponsorship would not be an issue for this cause. Just a thought.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I spent my hurricane time at Texas Childrens and the only place we could get warm food after the storm was the caffeteria at Methodist Hospital. We made sure to thank each person for working that night and I thought they were going to faint when we said "Thank You." Kind of sad! They were getting burgers and chicken sandwiches out as fast as they could! After many cold ham and cheeses, their burger and onion rings sure was appreciated and we made sure they knew it! I'm sure a bottle of cold water and some peanut butter crackers might boost the energy of the Electric Company guys and others who are helping out! They must be exhausted!

·
Registered
279 Posts
ifish2 said:
I spent my hurricane time at Texas Childrens and the only place we could get warm food after the storm was the caffeteria at Methodist Hospital. We made sure to thank each person for working that night and I thought they were going to faint when we said "Thank You." Kind of sad! They were getting burgers and chicken sandwiches out as fast as they could! After many cold ham and cheeses, their burger and onion rings sure was appreciated and we made sure they knew it! I'm sure a bottle of cold water and some peanut butter crackers might boost the energy of the Electric Company guys and others who are helping out! They must be exhausted!
Great idea! If anyone who can would go out and get some bread, lunch meat and cheese to help the power guys that would be great. If guys are working hard in your area make sure they feel welcome and offer them something to eat or drink. That will go a long way.

·
Old School 2cool
8,283 Posts
What an AWSOME gesture in a situation like this! If any post deserves a "sticky" I believe it's this one! Having been a lineman, volunteer fireman and medic and in law enforcement for 17 years I have seen first hand what a simple note of thanks can do for those who serve us every day. Thanks Bro, Hooked Up

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
Mont, your right a small token goes a long way. We were dragging tail the other day and went to HEB for some samwich stuff and had a picnic on the tailgate of the truck in the parking lot. Two different groups came by with "thanks" for keeping the gas on. The boss don't always seem like he appreiciates the job ya' do, but I know the folks who work at alot of the Brazoria Co. petro-chem plants and folks who are cooking and getting hot showers do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts