2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Send me out some good thoughts and prayers to one of my kids (I work for a Childrens Home)...

One of my kids lost a parent last night and I get to go break the news today....

WOW!!

Reactions: Shooter

·
I Member Like It Was Yesterday
3,473 Posts
Your readiness to do your job (as difficult as it is) Is in our thoughts and prayers. These kids will always be your children. I pray that I never have to convey what your about to do to one of my own! Thank You!

·
Buzzards gotta eat! same as worms!!!!
2,944 Posts
Prayers sent for both of you....

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Dang, Bzrk, that's got to be a pretty tough thing to do.
Father I lift up the young child to you and ask you to give this child peace and comfort. I also lift up Bzrk to you and ask for you to guide him and help him to come up with the right words of consolation. In Jesus' name I pray.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone...

I know we go back and forth in here on alot of hot topics... This one could have easily been one.

This kids Mom was a rough one...Drugs, the streets, not a "great" parent by any means of what we think that word should mean... She was shot and killed (approx 30yoa) One of the ones that many times in here people will readily jump up and say things like...

"One more we arent paying for" or "live hard, diehard" or "good riddence" or many, many, many other things we may go back and forth about in regards to "people like this"

I guess many times, I go on the defensive for some of these people because I get to see the ugly side of what happens as a result of things like this that take place...

I get called a "bleeding heart" or a "tree hugger" or a "libtard" or whatever else we quickly want to scream about another...

But I guess I often remember that there is some 9,10,12,14 year old kid out there who doesnt see this person as anything other than "Mom" or "Dad" that, no matter what the incidents unfolded to reveal about this person, this kid just lost a parent (which is hard for us as adults to conceptualize).

The best things about children is they will overlook all of our shortcomings and love us anyway... This is sometimes also the "sad" thing...

a 14 year old young girl, just about to go home for a week for the Holidays with her family, now gets to remember the Holidays like this forever...

Call me what you want, but this breaks my heart man...Truly... My heart does "bleed" on these types of things...

The child I was able to be with and talk to about this tragety is a sweet girl, a loving child with alot ahead for her, I am HONORED and BLESSED that I get to be a part of that...Good times, and bad!

Peace....Brad

·
Professional Salesman
9,758 Posts
"who doesnt see this person as anything other than "Mom" or "Dad" that, no matter what the incidents unfolded to reveal about this person, this kid just lost a parent (which is hard for us as adults to conceptualize).

The best things about children is they will overlook all of our shortcomings and love us anyway..."

bzrk:

Those are some powerfully true words. It's not really so much about the person (mom in this case) that was killed, it is about the sadness she left behind. I think we all should take heart with that because God knows we all do some not so smart things that could get us killed (disregarding safety at work, aggressive driving, too many libations, driving after libations...(insert yours here)).

Prayers sent for the child, family, and you.

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Brad,
Wow. God bless you for your work with these kids. I will be praying for you and the little girl. May peace surround you all.

RT

1 - 18 of 18 Posts