2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Hector
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to vent!!!!!!!!!

....................so there we are. Bought a new house and "still" unpacking. I didn't know it would have been such a big deal to have some boxes in our living room. Not necessarily in the way, but cluttered. My wife decides to move the boxes into a room designated for my fishing gear. Before things get too cluttered to the point where I can't find it, I decide to go looking for my waders, boots and ray guards.

I gently pull on something (later turned out to be one of my flags) that was sitting on a large plastic crate loaded heavy with stuff. Well, it came crashing down on my stack of rods & reels I had set aside so nothing would happen to them. Well, what do you know....my Shimano and Penn reels....ALL severely damaged!!! Heavily scratched and dented with some guides knocked out of whack...makes me want to cry!!! Almost like an intentional booby trap! All I get is, "Well, I didn't mean to do it" with the attitude of, "They're just rods and reels." I swear, I want to pull my [email protected]&king hair out! She looks at me like it's "no big deal." I swear, I wish she would use more common sense putting stuff away 'cause now my gear is ruined!! -Hector

·
Follically Challenged
5,373 Posts
Before ya start up on her about the importance of your fishing tackle, hide the golf clubs. :biggrin:

·
Banned
26,320 Posts
Cheaper to keep her...anything that can be fixed by throwing some money at it really isn't a problem in the first place. A wife is an investment...build on trust & develop understanding of each other....takes time & work...:work:

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Well what's done is what's done. Can't undo it. Take a deep breath(Maybe 10 deep breaths). You married her for better or worse. Well this is some of the worse. At least you can repair some of it. Lots of people are having theirs stolen right now.

·
Tiny is Gone... Hi, My Name is ROGER
5,886 Posts
Sorry.... but all i can say is.. PFFTTTTTTtttttttttttt..... C'mon Dude!! There are more serious things to vent about!! Besides.. how can you...

ALL severely damaged!!! Heavily scratched and dented with some guides knocked out of whack...makes me want to cry!!! Almost like an intentional booby trap! All I get is, "Well, I didn't mean to do it" with the attitude of, "They're just rods and reels." I swear, I want to pull my [email protected]&king hair out! She looks at me like it's "no big deal." I swear, I wish she would use more common sense putting stuff away 'cause now my gear is ruined!! -Hector

I mean... that chit ain't ruined dude... It's now... SEASONED!!!!

·
Hector
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, it is something like almost 1 in the morning. I tried to go to sleep but just couldn't and I have to get up at 4 for work. I waited until everyone was asleep and had a long, second look at my rods and reels. Man! I think I got all upset again! I found my Citicas and Calcutta with some very bad scratch dents with the rod seats cracked! The side plate to my Penn has a pretty bad scuff and knocked out of whack. The eyelets on two of my rods have been knocked back. I even have some damage to their crank arms that are out of whack also!!

I went back to go look at the crate that fell on them and it's pretty heavy. Fell a few feet giving it plenty of momentum when they came crashing down on my rods and reels. The light is not working in that small room and it was dark when I "slightly" pulled on my Texas flag sitting on that big crate which caused it to fall over. I saw the larger crate was barely sitting on top of a much smaller box containing a bunch of useless stuff. I guess my wife overdid the luxury of playing with Legos as a kid and somehow negated learning the law of physics. Man, I am so P.O.'d right now...................(did I already mention that?)

What gets me is not the fact of their prices...well yeah, that gets me also (several hundred dollars worth). But the fact that it does not seem to be a big deal to her and like somehow this is my fault. In all honesty, she didn't say sorry but tried to talk to me about it but she knows I can't be talked to when I am incensed like this, and this is probably "my" problem that complicates things. I love her and I am not going to go destroying her stuff but I think this is pretty dang close to the "last straw" that I am not sure what I am going to do so I'll just leave it at that. It's true that I probably should not get upset as I am but it's like all that money just down the drain 'cause of a careless person that doesn't think things through. She can be about as bright as a burnt match sometimes to the point that she could burn water. I feel like throwing in the towel and just walking away from all this. -Hector

·
Registered
219 Posts
Just wait until you have teenagers running around the house - it gets better. Let it go and tell her you love her, life is too short...

·
Infidel
3,523 Posts
I know what you mean bro. Try to look at it this way, she still cooks meals and you get lucky every once in a while.... Try to talk to her in a few days about it. People get all defensive right after the fact that they screwed up even if its accidental nowadays. Hopefully when you approach her in a few days you will get an apology which is all you were after in the first place instead of getting blown off. I know.:headknock:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts