2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone stole a piece (yellow ball) from an art work of mine.

Can anyone identify the yellow ball in this piece of art?

It is moulded plastic with an incised grid. It has a symbol, number or letter on each section. It is about baseball size.
I think it was something used in an insrument or survey stuff, or maybe something else like a game.

I need to replace it.

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
Someone stole a piece (yellow ball) from an art work of mine.

Can anyone identify the yellow ball in this piece of art?

It is moulded plastic with an incised grid. It has a symbol, number or letter on each section. It is about baseball size.
I think it was something used in an insrument or survey stuff, or maybe something else like a game.

I need to replace it.
It is a pitching machine baseball. You can buy it at Academy just look for pitching machines and you will find them.

·
Native Texan
10,985 Posts
I was going to say antique golf ball until you said size of a baseball. How/who/why would someone steal a ball out of a piece of art. That is the most stupid thing I have heard of in a while.

·
Custom User Title space for rent
5,217 Posts
Not sure who called it art but go by your local batting cages & offer to buy a worn ball. Bet they sell it cheap.

·
Done Wit Dat
7,526 Posts
It is indeed a pitching machine ball, but I also have not seen one quite like that before. As someone else mentioned, they are all dimpled, but I've never seen one with the hash marks.

Now Kenny, tell the truth. You were late for a deadline to produce a piece of art and you found that on the beach in the Ike aftermath. :D

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,606 Posts
don't really think it is with the Diamond shadows in the picture... anyway if not let us know.. we'll come up with some line of poop... lol

·
Pig & Frog killer extraordinaire!
1,862 Posts
If you get down Angleton/ Freeport way and still need one, let me know, I've got a 5 gallon bucket full of them. Looks like someone just painted the lines on the ball.

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,606 Posts
not sure what the art is suppose to be,, lots of people see different things in art pieces.. to me it does look like a sand lot stick ball art of some kind... so ,, I have some ol dirty Dimples to Kenny.. all us ol little league coaches have them. lol

1 - 20 of 39 Posts