2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are leaving four weeks from today.HOORAY,... YIPPEE. We will be there for 10 days. AND YES I WILL HAVE A COMPUTER TO KEEP YOU ALL UPDATED AND LET YOU KNOW I MISS YOU ALL AND WHATS GOING ON.We are spending one day fishing out of Quepos. If you have any highlights that you have experienced. Let us know. we are planning a real adventure. Thnaks and God Bless. Laura & Tom

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Really depends where you plan on spending time. Manuel Antonio park is beautiful and near Quepos. I have done lots of little tours all around the country which were cool. Volcanos can be nice to visit, but, you may not see much this time of the year being the green season. The cathedral in Cartago was really awesome. National Museum in San Jose is informative. Coffee plantations.... I could go on and on.

Sometimes its better to just go and talk to the locals and see what is happenning nearby.

Of course I would fish more than one day!

Have a great time and be careful!

-Mike.

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much. We are staying the first night in San Jose, then we have a home rented in San Isidro De General. We are really ready to go.

·
Registered
193 Posts
They have jungle canopy tours near Quepos- maybe a little scary. Also boat tours thru the marsh jungle to see wildlife up close (sometimes lizards on the boat) and plant life. You can rent surfboards on the beach as well. Check out the boats close before you go offshore in them. Good luck and have a good time.

Avid

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
my uncle has a place on the beach and says they catch snapper in the surf...

·
Registered
901 Posts
luvtofish,
Shoot a pm to " Lil Mambo " here on 2cool. He and his wife used to do a lot of tours to Costa Rica and may still have contacts and itenerary( sp ) . Tell him Dr. Krol
( Dennis ) sent you.

All the best and have fun ! !

Dr. krol

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fish,RELAX, Minister, Give out Bibles, Have fun, Fish, Sing, play the guitar, swim,sight see, EAT< EAT<EAT, play , play,hot tub, Praise the Lord, Lets go now....

·
Super Moderator
3,735 Posts
Laura...think Pina Colada's while soaking in the swimming pool.....eating lobster ($10) every night, listening to the jungle sounds at night, cold watermelons and pineapples for mid afternoon snacks..more lobsters...........I want to go with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are going to love it! Except maybe that little plane ride from San Jose to your final destination....that will certainly bring you closer to God and you will have plenty of conversations with Him! Usually starting with : Please Lord, if I ever get off this plane....etc, etc, etc! LOL

Hope you and Tom have a great trip!
Chuck

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Would have to be non alcoholic for me. FRUIT JUICE IS GOOD.Well come on , you and the wife should go. By the way, we are driving all over. we rented the largest vehicle we could find for four and a bunch of luggage.No little planes. but i know what you mean about looking up and praying . we had one of those kind of flights on our last trips to the BUMPY BAHAMAS

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
You have to check out Mt Arenal and the Tabacon hot springs. It is one of the most active volcanoes in the world and the scenery is in incredible!

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
at least a day trip to arenal, do a canopy tour for sure, four wheel trip is fun into the mtns, ocean kayaking/outrigger canoeing.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Last time I was in Quepos, there was a fellow that would take you down to the beach to fish the mouth of the Rio Parita for snook. Ditto on the HOt Springs and, while there, try fishing Lake ARenal for guapote.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Make sure you take a walk through manuel antonio park down there and also eat in the plane that looks like it is crashed into the side of the mountain, el avion you will see it on the way to the park, it has a spectacular view and great drinks and food. When you are there you will be sitting in some really comfy rocking chairs, you can buy them in the airport on the way home for under $180/ea shipped to your house, I got two of them and they are very comfortable and nice souveniers that will last forever.
http://www.manuelantoniopark.com/mapk/default.asp

http://www.costaverde.com/avion01.htm

1 - 18 of 18 Posts