2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we may get some snow and I got the day off tomoro, I wanna try to sled down a hill somewhere. Miller outdoor or Discovery green park. Any ideas on what i can use for a sled. I was thinking of using the top of a storage container. Any ideas? thanks

singed
never seen snow before texan

·
Don't touch my junk, bro!
5,844 Posts
The lid of a large rubbermaid trashcan makes a good saucer sled. Make sure someone has a video camera.

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Cardboard works till it gets wet.
Just take a lot of cardboard. Lots of fun!

LOL! I actually still have my sled from when I lived up north for 3 years. Now don't be callin' me a yankee cause I was born right here in H-town.
OK Yall?

·
DOINK
10,027 Posts
i once made ski's by nailing hot wheels track to 2 2x4's that i tied to my feet as my buds pulled me arounf the hood behind the camero.

good old cardboard is awesome as well. Not only for snow but, steep grass hills.

Knee boards also work.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Me and my buddy loaded the truck up tonight, were using those little disks from White Sands New Mexico you use to slide down the sand dunes, a couple inner tubes, some water skis, a couple knee board and a satellite dish. I wish we had an old car or truck hood to use but the only one I got is fiberglass.

·
I Member Like It Was Yesterday
3,473 Posts
Just carry a crescent wrench with ya. When you find a hill (or in Houston we call em "the landfill") Pull yer hood off and duct tape the whole family to it (now "thats" wholesome fun)! When yer dun everybody writes their name in the snow.

·
US Army Aviation NSDQ!
3,716 Posts
Go to walmart or academy in the morning. The $8 river rat inner tube works AMAZING.

Side story..every year my buddies and I go on a road trip/ski trip to breckenridge. Take it from me.... DO NOT go down too big of a hill. I thought I'd be able to control my speed. You cant. I went down a green ski slope, and almost killed myself when I got to the bottom. If we get any more than 4 inches of snow or so...you will just keep on a sliding.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
gonna try to find some cardboard now, its comin down pretty good here downtown, I'm excited I;ll take the camcorder! thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts