2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any info about icy-tech coolers? Are they worth the money or just an over priced igloo. I'm thinking about the 60 qt for my boat, does ice last longer? Thanks for any info in advance.

Kevin

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I have a taller one that I used as a poling platform because of the limited room in my bay boat. I'm 230lbs and the lid held up without flexing. They are tough and very durable. Yes it seemed to hold ice longer than any cooler I've had before.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Icy-teks are awesome and the ice lasts up to 5 days.

If you are in the Clear Lake area, stop by Tops-n-towers . . . Bobby has some on the sales floor that you can look at up close.

Worth the money, definitely.

·
Registered
57 Posts
They are very sturdy and durable, and hold ice for several days. I use mine for a front casting platform & fish box. Make sure the lid fits properly. Fishing Tackle Unlimted has several sizes in stock, and will be much less expensive than Tops & Towers.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Icy Tek

I have this same delima but I talked to a distributor who is putting me on a Yeti cooler, same prices but better hardware.

·
Registered
803 Posts
CaseyS said:
I have this same delima but I talked to a distributor who is putting me on a Yeti cooler, same prices but better hardware.
What have you heard about the Yeti Coolers? My dad is getting his boat built, and the shop said they are unable to get ahold of any Icy Teks for several months due the manufacturer being on back order. They are going to outfit my dad's boat with the Yeti Coolers. They also claimed the Yeti Coolers to be better built for the same price........

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
I have one that a wonderful man "Chuck" gave us . They are really great, it kept our food items cold and the frozen stuff frozen for FIVE days.

·
No fish in West Bay
5,632 Posts
Wow, dug deep for this thread...2006. If I remember correctly, Icey-Tek was purchased by the Yeti guys. Hence, you see Yeti's everywhere but no Icey-Teks. I think they are still available from Yeti though.

·
Banned
4,487 Posts
Yukon coolers?

I saw a similar "yeti-knock off" sort of cooler at Academy. It was also an igloo brand, but I believe it was called "Yukon Cooler". Seemed to be similar to a yeti, with rubber seal, heavy duty construction, etc. Yetis are built like an army tank though, and I don't know if these other brands can really stack up, or if they just look good.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have had the icy-tec 60 qt. for about 8 years and it still looks good and it does keep ice for 5 days in 95 deg heat . . . put something heavy on the lid when storing it, it will eventually close any gaps in the lid . . .

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Man I saw my name on this post and thought there was another me out there. Been so long I forgot about this one. And no I did'nt get an icey-tec cooler. Kevin

·
Registered
89 Posts
Icey-teks are great. Yeti's keep ice longer, however they are much heavier. I have Yetis for my boat and icey-teks for when I have to pick them up a lot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts