2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
[email protected]!!!!! .....I once made a big, big mistake, giving me a LEGITIMATE reason for not mowing the lawn...Whyyyyyy, my lawn mower caught on fire!....True story! ..... I took the spark plug out, cleaned the carbon off and checked the gap; then I inserted it back into the five horsepowered block. It was about to rain, or so I surmised as the dark clouds were approaching, so I was rushing; and I overfilled the gas tank and the fuel spilled down onto the frame..... Yep, and as one may have guessed it, I never did put the spark plug wire back onto the plug (it was metal with no rubber boot).....It simply remained unconnected but was just resting against the plug- enough to cause an arc......I reached for the pull cord and withing a split second of pulling on it, an electrical charge arced and the mower caught on fire!

...Boy, did I feel like a dummy! Yep, then I walked across the street and went fishing for White Bass out in the rain!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.