2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Duty Is Our's; Consequences are God's!
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was going to mow yesterday evening, had been putting it off for one reason or the other all week. Then I went fishing yesterday and didn't get back in time to mow.

Told the wife I would get it done first thing this morning, but before I could get started the rain came. With the current forcast it looks like I won't get it done for a few more days. To say the least the wife is not real happy. Besides the way it has been growing lately and all this rain, I will have to chase all the elephants out before mowing. You never want to hit an elephant with your mower, they make an awful mess.....LOL.

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
Your timing is impeccable, sir!

Of course the grass will have to dry before mowing ... you can fish then too. :)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
BountyHunter, You can Borrow my Dachshound Scotty to scare off the Elephants. I havent had a problem with them since I got him, he's also good at keeping rhinos and waterbuffalos at bay lol

·
Registered
494 Posts
Mice are moving into your jungle of a yard now...It is becoming its own self-sustaining eco-system!...Your wife surely wouldn't want you to run over innocent little critters now would she? ;) hehe

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
I can send you a pm on how to disable the mower!!! The grass will always be there.
The fish may not. LOL

·
Registered
494 Posts
[email protected]!!!!! .....I once made a big, big mistake, giving me a LEGITIMATE reason for not mowing the lawn...Whyyyyyy, my lawn mower caught on fire!....True story! ..... I took the spark plug out, cleaned the carbon off and checked the gap; then I inserted it back into the five horsepowered block. It was about to rain, or so I surmised as the dark clouds were approaching, so I was rushing; and I overfilled the gas tank and the fuel spilled down onto the frame..... Yep, and as one may have guessed it, I never did put the spark plug wire back onto the plug (it was metal with no rubber boot).....It simply remained unconnected but was just resting against the plug- enough to cause an arc......I reached for the pull cord and withing a split second of pulling on it, an electrical charge arced and the mower caught on fire!

...Boy, did I feel like a dummy! Yep, then I walked across the street and went fishing for White Bass out in the rain!

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
bountyhunter said:
Bob and Mrs. B, that was my thinking too, but I've been told no fishing till the yard is mowed. :cry:

I might have to use ole Scotty's talents if the rain doesn't stop. The yard might be full of all kinds of wild animals......LOL
A little more rain and maybe ya can fish the backyard pond. ;)

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Remember....Indecision is the key to flexibility.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Call the local lawn service, ask them to come over and give you a price, pay them in advance and tell them to mow as soon as they can after the rain. Give your wife the lawn service phone number and go fishing. You are only paying for mowing when you are fishing, between now and then, you can fish every day. If you wife thinks the grass is dry enough to mow while you are fishing, she can call the lawn service.

Isn't the service industry a great thing?

·
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LIONESS-270 said:
I can send you a pm on how to disable the mower!!! The grass will always be there.
The fish may not. LOL
Thought about that, but then I would have to be working on the mower as I generally fix them when they aren't running.
It was a good idea though, I can see why the Chief has his hands fully with you.......LOL

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Hire the local lawn care fella when the boss is out shopping lol then take credit for the great job you did it works in seabrook

·
Chest deep in the Blanco River
1,838 Posts
Little more rain and time you'll need one of these :)

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
"No Grass Cuttin Guilt" is a horrible thing and a heavy burden to bear...

As a Friend I Encourage You to Seek Mental Self Help ASAP....
Try Fishin...

Trust Me..Robs is the one with her Hands Full!!!! LOL

·
7,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GreatWhite4591 said:
Little more rain and time you'll need one of these :)
That would work also, as we have to have hay for the horses. I way going to try and turn the horses out on the lawn so they could mow it, but then I would have to build fence. Guess that is one of those catch 22s.

Charlie, both you and Robs are hands full. Guess that's what makes y'all such a great couple!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts