2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Charter Member
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That was kimberlee's battle cry. So, this afternoon Pat and I took the grandkid fishing. We launched at Fatboy's, and armed with a pint of bugs, proceeded to the Galv. Ship Channel to do a little bottom fishing.

I really enjoyed the afternoon and naturally Kimberlee kicked our behinds. She caught 4 croaker and 1 spec. Me, well let's just say I drove the boat! :)

Before the day was over, Kimberlee was catching her bait and baiting her own hook. Made a few nice casts too.

She's ready to go back in the morning! :)

1 - 8 year old Kimberlee with her game face on.
2 - Kimberlee's first ever spec. It measured 14 7/8" (released).
3 - Look out Jan. There's another Fishin'Chick in town! :)
4 - Sunset at Tiki Island

Attachments

·
Banned
355 Posts
Seeing a kid smiling like that always gives me a giggle.

Thanks for the pix Mike.

Happy 4th to all. Stay safe!

·
Charter Member
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One more pic...

Ha Ha, Kim, this smile :) is for you.

Here is one more pic. This poor chap was minding his own business fishing when someone dumped some fish carcasses nearby. Next thing you know, he has gone and caught a seagull. I took the picture while he was trying to figure out how to release. It appeared to me he did a good job and the bird was soon on it's way.

Attachments

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
If she isn't the spittin' image of her Grandma, I'd be lying! Great post, Mike. I have one weekend reserved at a sweet spot for mine, this month. I hope he does as well. Very nice post!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Great shots Mike

Looks like the men 'round these parts are facing some serious competititon in the days to come....thanks alot!

I actually managed a trip myself today but my cooler is as clean as when I left the ramp....boohoo.

I'm startin' to think you've got a handle on the whole photography thing....great shots!

Rex

·
Registered
663 Posts
Rex,

The ladies tell me those spots will be mighty difficult to fish this fall for you guys. All they have been able to snag is a bunch of old thong fish lately???

BTW, what are thong fish?

·
Unrecoverable Saltoholic
470 Posts
What a cutie! And a baitcaster, to boot! That takes a whole new level of patience for a little one.

Glad you guys had a good time....

Tsip

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
mike, that kimberlee is such a cutie! cant wait to have her on my team! glad yall had a good day.

kim, ya know, i have been hearing about those thong fish too, and was wondering what that was all about. LOL

by the way...made it back to texas late last night, in mineola right now, but will make the big move (my mom and dad) to alvin on the 12th....YEAH!! fishin time for me is a comin!!

trudy

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
I gladly welcome the next generation of fishin chicks! You fellas are talking alot of smack on the tournament this fall. We need to recruit Kimberlee to the chick side!

Jan

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
kim needs a billystix

my what a cutie!
she is going to be a heart breaker real soon.
she needs a billystix spiral rod so she can move on up? if you want get in touch with me, i would like her to have a stix, will do you right.
stix

1 - 13 of 13 Posts