2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my old 3 screw rugar .357 might be a little behind the times.
I wanna buy me a semi auto for self defence that somewhat accurate.. Now keep in mind that I'm kinda like Wyat Earp when it comes ta shootin my revolver. I can blow the head off a water moccasin from the hip, wether MC likes it or not..
I would like something in the 400.00 range thats gunna give good performance and let my shootin skills excell..

Any recomendations.. Keep it in the 400.00 range please..

JQ

·
Registered
66 Posts
At $400 bucks you are kinda limited.
Springfield XD-40, Taurus Millinium
Go to the High Caliber Gun show they always have good deals.

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also a caliber thats bullit cost and availaibility friendly.. I saw some sweet ones at academy, for 400.00 everything from rugar to bersa..

Caliber over 357 has all the knockdown power ya need if your a Doc Holliday shooter like me..:slimer:
I just want something cheap to operate and keep supplied with pellets..

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
Personally, I'm not a Glock fan, although there are many out there. Black & Gold can hook you up with a bunch of flavors of Glocks for a wee bit more than $400. Or, find a used Glock. Used, they are easily in your price range.

Also consider the Sig police trade in's which are typically mid-300 or so.

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks folks, keep um commin..

Justin,,, can ya hit the broad side of a barn with it???

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
Randall, I have a Taurus PT 24/7 Pro stainless/polymer 9mm pistol I don't need anymore. Two clips @17 rounds each. Just keep pulling the trigger...LOL It was the Pistol of the Year a couple of years ago in one of the gun rags when it came out. I bought it for the wife but it is a little big for her hand. Looks just like this... maybe 30 rounds thru it.

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Randall, I have a Taurus PT 24/7 Pro stainless/polymer 9mm pistol I don't need anymore. Two clips @17 rounds each. Just keep pulling the trigger...LOL It was the Pistol of the Year a couple of years ago in one of the gun rags when it came out. I bought it for the wife but it is a little big for her hand. Looks just like this... maybe 30 rounds thru it.
I MUST REPEAT THE QUESTION.. Blake can ya hit the broad side of a barn with it... Pm me...

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Academy just had a sale on Taurus 40 cal....I'd like to have one but didn't have the spare cash...reg.379 for 299....great deal...

·
"It's good to be...Me" ><)))'>
15,143 Posts
Springfield XD...sweet shooting guns.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Got a sweet Model 19 S&W in .357 that I no longer shoot..Shoot me a PM if interested..Will shoot the eyes out of a cat at 30 yds..!!

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got a sweet Model 19 S&W in .357 that I no longer shoot..Shoot me a PM if interested..Will shoot the eyes out of a cat at 30 yds..!!
I,m lookin for a semi auto bud .. the model 19 is cool but not what i'm after..

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK after talkin with Catchy and a few others I may have to sell one of my High dollar BB guns.. I have a couple that sell for over 1200.00 that are just sittin in the safe collectin dust...
I really think I want a Colt 1911.. Just for traditional and historical purposes,
I WILL DISCOUNT A GUN FOR 60% . check out the classifieds here soon...

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Another vote for the springfield Xd series, I own both the sub compact and the compact in .40. Might be a little more than $400 but great guns non the less.

·
Urban Chicken Farmer & Shark
2,323 Posts
i gotta vote for the Springfield xd .40 as well ... i have the subcompact, and its the most accurate handgun i own, and (knock on wood) it's never jammed, not once.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts