2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But its difficult knowing they are all hers.. I just caught the tail end of it while having a beer and a smoke on the porch...

AT LEAST 1000 IN A PASS BY...

All whitewing....

Attachments

·
"It's good to be...Me" ><)))'>
15,143 Posts
My driveway is in the back of my house. I put out feed on the driveway year around, I currently have about 30 or so white wings coming in each morning and evening. Also a few mourning doves as well. Last week there were 3 of the small mexican doves. It's pretty cool to see 3 different species of dove together. Most of the white wings head out each year when it turns colder, but a few hang around all year. Every summer though there are a big group that stay around the house to eat. I'll try to get some pics if I can.

Also I have 3 feeders out for the hummers, and there are about 7, or 8 of them buzzing around currently.

p.s. The day after the hurricane they were all back looking for something to eat....I'd love to know where the heck they all hunkered down during the storm !

·
ready to do some duck huntin
315 Posts
man i wish we had birds like that here

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bocephus said:
My driveway is in the back of my house. I put out feed on the driveway year around, I currently have about 30 or so white wings coming in each morning and evening. Also a few mourning doves as well. Last week there were 3 of the small mexican doves. It's pretty cool to see 3 different species of dove together. Most of the white wings head out each year when it turns colder, but a few hang around all year. Every summer though there are a big group that stay around the house to eat. I'll try to get some pics if I can.

Also I have 3 feeders out for the hummers, and there are about 7, or 8 of them buzzing around currently.
Yea Bo, we have our resident birds also.. some stay year round, mostly mornings tho. I have a couple ringers also.. and a few turtle doves [ red wings].
the little woman loves to feed them and watch em.. We really havent had the big influx of hummers this year, like last tho. Don't know why..

·
"It's good to be...Me" ><)))'>
15,143 Posts
JOHNNY QUEST said:
Yea Bo, we have our resident birds also.. some stay year round, mostly mornings tho. I have a couple ringers also.. and a few turtle doves [ red wings].
the little woman loves to feed them and watch em.. We really havent had the big influx of hummers this year, like last tho. Don't know why..
It's funny how you change as you get older. I'm 50 now, but when I was 20 I would have wanted to kill them all. Now I just enjoy sitting drinking a cold one, and watching them....lol

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm 50 also, and unless we are talkin varmits, I really don't do much killin.. got my share of heads on the wall and really don't need any more...

But if you have a varmit problem don't neglect ta calll. If ya know what i mean..
Have airgun WILL TRAVEL...

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
Bocephus said:
It's funny how you change as you get older. I'm 50 now, but when I was 20 I would have wanted to kill them all. Now I just enjoy sitting drinking a cold one, and watching them....lol
A REAL REPUBLICAN WOULD KILL THOSE BIRDS.

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
whitewings

I have been hunting at our place in south texas for almost 30 years, since I was old enough to walk...the first time I can remember somone knocking down a white wing was about 15 years ago...since then, a few here and there, although large numbers of them were shot just miles away, we still had mostly mourning dove...this year on opening weekend, we saw and shot more whitewing than i have ever seen....I think they are most definitely taking over!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts